The Bride Whore

Credit: AO3: HPFangirl71
_____________

Draco, they've accepted the deal and we're going home!"

Lucius' voice was filled with the joy and relief of a desperate man. Draco stared at his father, not quite sure how he should react to the news.

Home...

It was a place he thought he'd never see again. It'd been seven long years since they'd fled England, mother had died here in the Americas on this godforsaken island they'd been forced to settle upon. Thinking of her usually brought tears to Draco's eyes but at this moment he wasn't sure he could muster up the emotion. Instead, he was angry she'd never get to go home. She was buried here on foreign soil and they would be leaving her behind.

They were going home and he should be happy for that but at what cost were they going back? At one time, he'd thought that cost might be their very lives but now... now, it was just his life they were giving up. He'd been sold by his own father to that Cretan, Potter and his new regime! His beauty their only saving grace, the only thing keeping them from the executioner's axe.

Since the war, Potter had risen in power. He was the head of a new Ministry that served the inferior Muggles and sought vengeance against the former Death Eaters. That was why Draco and his family had fled out of fear for their lives. Draco's father had been Voldemort's right hand man; there was no denying their family's involvement in the war. A price had been put upon his family members' heads if they ever stepped foot back in England, but now that price had been lifted.

Potter was having problems with the new Death Eater factions, small though they might be. He needed a way to appeal to their sense of loyalty and what better way than to marry one of them. Yes, Potter was going to marry himself off to a Death Eater and through a series of manipulations on his father's part, it was to be Draco.

Had Draco been given a choice in these dealings, he might have turned Potter down.

But Draco wasn't given a choice... he'd marry Potter, his feelings about the matter be damned! His father had spoken and Draco would of course obey. It was his life being sacrificed so his father could go home and reclaim his rightful place in this new regime. Draco had been sold out for a bit of power and his father didn't seem to care how he felt about it.

"Why the unhappy face, my son?" Lucius exclaimed as he approached his son.

Draco looked up, startled by his father's words. Did he actually care how Draco felt?

"Didn't you hear me, Draco? We're going home."

"Yes father, I heard you. Home, it just seems so unreal after all this time." Draco's words were spoken softly, almost hesitantly, as if he didn't quite believe them.

"Well it's real my son, and all thanks to Potter's insatiable libido." Lucius' words were carried away by the laughter that surrounded them.

He looked down upon his son's look of confusion and smiled fondly.

"You don't think this was really about keeping the Death Eater factions in line, do you? Ah but of course you do..."

Lucius' words were condescending and they made Draco blush with embarrassment.

"All Potter wants is a permanent whore in his bed and the prettiest whore his money could buy was you, my darling."

Draco felt the blush deepen to crimson as he flushed not from embarrassment but disgust at his father's new words.

"If I'm to be no better than some common whore then why would you make this bargain with Potter?" Draco questioned his father.

"Draco, I would do anything to return home. I'd do anythingto reclaim my rightful place within Wizarding society, to get back what Voldemort lost me. In fact, I'd let the entire ministry fuck you if that's what it took, so be grateful it's only Potter!"