Chapter 15

Recap: 

I draped my arms over her and pulled her close to me. I waited for a minute to see if she moved but she just snuggled into my chest and closed her eyes.

“Nigh Seth, love you.”

 “I love you too Rachel.” 

--------------------------------------------------------

“No! It’s not happening!” Seth wants to take me out to a bar and grill downtown to prove that he can be around alcohol and be ok.

“Why not?” He questioned. He searched my face for an answer and I guess he didn’t like the one he saw because he turned around and cursed under his breath. “You don’t trust me?” It was more of a statement than a question though.

I put my hand on his shoulder, “It’s not that Seth, it’s just…”

He quickly turned back around. “Just what? Yesterday it was because you had to cheer at the football game which I get, the day before you had soccer practice which I get, the day before that you had to spend time with Autumn, the day before that-”

“I get it! I’ve been making excuses, ok? I understand.” I sighed and sat down on the couch.

He sat down beside me and put his hand on my knee, “Why?”

“It’s not that I don’t trust you, I just think it’d be a lot of temptation. Plus people from school could see us and on top of that I’d have to go to my house to get something to wear which would mean I have to see my parents.” I leaned forward and put my head in my hands. Seth sighed and rubbed my back.

“This place isn’t really a place where kids go; it’s more 21-30 year olds. The ‘nothing to wear thing’ wouldn’t be a problem because we can go out and get you something.” He paused for a minute before saying the rest. “I want you to look at me when I say the last part.” I sighed but life my head up and looked at him, “I can handle the temptation; matter of fact it’s not really a temptation anymore. I can see it, smell it, and be right next to it without feeling to urge to drink it. I love you so much; just give me the chance to prove it.” I smiled and nodded me head. He grinned and bent down to kiss me.

I ducked away and started down the hallway. I could hear him laughing and then I heard his footsteps running down the hallway behind me. I ran through the bedroom door and to the closet. He stood in the doorway and just looked at me. “You’re so beautiful, you know that?”

I rolled my eyes, “Yeah right.”

He seemed a little upset, “I’m serious Rachel.”

“How am I beautiful right now Seth? I’m wearing almost no makeup, my hair is not done, and I’m wearing pink flannel pajama bottoms with a white tank top.”

He walked closer to me and took my hands in his. “You always look beautiful to me. Your hair is cute like that, the simple clothes are hot on you, and the makeup you don’t even need.”

I started to tear up, “I love you. You are the peanut butter to my jelly, the chocolate to my milk, the spaghetti to my meatballs, and the ketchup to the macaroni.” I made a disgusted face with the last one.

“Hey, that’s good! You won’t even give it a chance!” He whined like a 5 year old.

I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips. That peck soon turned into a full on make out session.

“Ain’t that a B with an itch. Ain’t that a mother f’er. You can go to H-E double hockey sticks and F yourself. Cause I’m flippin gosh darn sick of all the S words you put me through. So F you!”