Chapter 1

"OH MY GOD DRAKE, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD! I HATE YOU! I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU ANYMORE!" I screamed in his face.

"JUST LIKE THAT? YOU'RE GOING TO WASTE 3 YEARS JUST BECAUSE OF ONE NIGHT?!" He retorted.

"IT'S YOUR OWN GOD DAMN FAULT! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO WAS FUCKING SOMEONE ELSE, NOT ME!" I hollered as a single tear made its way down my cheek. "You know, I loved your dumb cheating ass once upon a time, but that time has ended!" I half yelled half spoke.

"HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY SORRY? HUH? SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY! COME ONE BABE, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THE FACT YOU WON'T TAKE ME BACK IS SO...SO...URGH!!" He screamed as he turned and punched the wall behind him. I started to walk away when I felt his hand snake around my waist. "Babe, please! One more chance, that's all I need. I was drunk and stupid and it was a mistake. I don't care about that slut!"

"Why? Just why? It's not like I didn't have sex with you?! Almost every God damn night I did! And don't pull the 'I was drunk' thing, because we both know you didn't have a drop to drink. You did it because you wanted to spite me. Just because I had to study and I couldn't go to the stupid party with you." I said harshly.

"Sweetheart think about what you're doing! You're throwing away 3 years!" He raised his voice as he spoke.

"No. No I'M not! You did. I'm not going to take your cheating ass back! Not now, not ever!" I ripped his arm off my waist, "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." I said matter-a-factly.

"Babe think of all the good times we had! Remember the fair? I took you on the Ferris wheel and when we got to the top you were so scared you were going to fall so I held you right up against me and you said you wished you never had to move! Remember when we were Prom King and Queen junior year? How about the time I took you to the Poconos and we went skiing for our 1 year anniversary and ever since we've been doing it because you said you loved it that much! Remember last Valentine’s Day when you were so sick you couldn't get out of bed so I came to your house and nursed to back to health?" He grabbed my hands and interlaced our fingers just like we used to do. "Please babe, I love you more than life itself. I'm there for you when you're sick, when you lose an important game, when you feel like talking and when you just feel like crying, even though it breaks my heart to see you cry. So please, take me back and make me the happiest man in the world."

I could see the truth in his eyes. He was a horrible liar therefor I could always tell when he was lying. I know what he is saying is true and I know he regrets cheating on me. Maybe sometime in the future I may be able to forgive him but right now, I can't. It only happened 2 days ago, on Saturday, at a back to school party. I only found out about it because I went after I was finished studying so I could pick him up (like the considerate girlfriend I was) so he was drinking and driving. I asked his best mate Joey where he was and found out he was upstairs first door on the left. Low and behold he was naked on a bed with Gloria. I cried and cried that night. My father tried to console me but it didn't work.

Those are the times you need a mom. My mother ran off to God only knows where when I was born, leaving me with my father. My father raised me, quiet well I might add. He's a well-known lawyer who earns a hefty 6 figure salary every year but he doesn't like to flaunt his money. Most people know that we have a decent amount of money, but they have no idea how much we really have.

I just stared back into his deep blue eyes and seemed to be in a trance for a while. "Drake...I...I can't. Not now anyway. It only happened 2 days ago. You need to give me time to heal and I'll think about taking you back. I do still love you, but you cheated and I don't know if I can ever forgive that." I saw hurt flash in his eyes. "I'll try ok? But I'm not making any promises. I'm not going to put myself into that situation again if I think you haven't changed." I saw his eyes brighten a bit, just a bit.