Chapter 7

Recap:

He suddenly pulled away and i felt so cold. "We...we...we can't do this. You're drunk and I'm your teacher." He didn't seem too sure about what he was saying.

"Whatever. Get the fuck off my property." I got up, ignoring the hand he extended for me. "Oh and don't worry gramps, the party's over." I concentrated on making sure i spoke clearly even though it killed me. I got in the door and went to my room i texted Autumn telling her to end the party and then to show herself out. Right after i sent it i heard the music stop. 

Time to sleep. I wonder if he felt the same sparks that i did. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEEP! BEEP!! BEEP!!!\

OH. MY GOD! 

I slammed my hand down on my alarm and rolled over. 

School? Nah, for some reason that idea just isn't appealing to me right now. 

I clicked my phone and saw I had one new message from Aunt Kim. 

It was your birthday yesterday so I'm guessing you got drunk. ;) Even though I don't approve, I understand you just want to have fun. Don't worry about coming in today, I already marked you as sick. Love ya sweety! Make sure to drink lots of water, take aspirin and get plenty of rest! 

I smiled while I was reading the message, I love my Aunt. I texted back saying thank you and telling her that I loved her too. 

To get up, or not to get up?

To get up. 

I got up and i immediately felt sick. I ran to the bathroom and puked my guts into the toilet. Yuck! I flushed and then washed my mouth out. I opened my medicine cabinet and got some aspirin. As soon as i took it i walked back to bed and tried to get back to sleep. No way in hell was I getting up!

Knock knock knock!

Fuck! What time is it!? 6:30PM. Wow, I slept for a while. 

Knock knock knock!

Maybe if i don't answer, they'll just go away. 

Knock knock knock!

No such luck, the rapid secession of knocking still came from the front door. I threw off my covers and had to steady myself before I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I took the chains off the door, unlocked the lock, put in the security code, and then opened the door. 

Why is he here! 

There stood the ever so handsome Seth Brinkley. The memory of the kiss came back to me. He's such an asshole!

"What do you want?" I spat. 

"Nice to see you too Ms. Cross. May I please speak with your folks?" He asked politely. 

"My 'folks'..." I put air quotes around folks with my fingers, "...as you call it, aren't here at the moment. May I take a message?" I question while pretending to take out a notepad.

"So you're home alone?"

"It would appear so." I say in a 'duh' voice.

"Well I'll come back when they're home. When do you suppose that'll be?"

"Uh, well let's see." I tap my chin with my index finger, pretending to look like I'm actually thinking. "Well my mom might be another 18 years, give or take a couple days. Oh and my father, well let's just say as soon as I see him, you'll be the first to know." I said sweetly.