Chapter 2

Recap:

I walked out into the hallway and waited for him. I wasn't sure what my punishment would be. Probably just a lecture and a few detentions. I was startled when i heard to door fly open as he stalked towards me. "What the hell was that!"

"Woah, chill dude. I didn't-"

"Dude? I'm not dude, I'm Mr. Brinkley. If you were on time for either class you were scheduled to be at with me then you would know that!" He screamed practically in my face. I really wasn't in the mood to be screamed at, especially after this morning with Drake. 

"I'm not in the mood for this right now." I said in a quiet voice while pinching the bridge of my nose.

"What?! WHat?! WHAt?! WHAT!" He repeated, gradually getting louder every time. 

"I SAID, I'M NOT IN THE GOD DAMN MOOD FOR THIS RIGHT NOW! I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO BE SCREAMED AT! I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT ANYMORE TODAY!" I hollered and walked into the gym room and back into the girl's locker room. I know i overreacted, but i just can't deal with more yelling right now. I heard the door slam open and footsteps draw near. Oh god, not him!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Mr. Seth Brinkley on the side!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn't say a word. He just walked over to the bench I was sitting on and sat down beside me. He rubbed me back and i just sat there staring at the floor, thinking. About what? About everything. I hated being little miss perfect. I was tired of it. The only reason acted like it was because my father needed me to for the sake of his job. The person that was trying to comfort me knew that. He knew everything about me. He knows what happened to my mom. He knows why i act the way i do. He knows i don't really have a relationship with my father other than a financial one. 

If you haven't already guess it, the person sitting with me is Drake. Normally i would be pushing him away right now but, i wasn't in the mood to fight. I do still like him even though he cheated. He knows just how to make me feel better when no one else can, not even Autumn. He knows when to talk and when i just need him to be there and not talk. 

"Drake, i don't know what to do anymore."

"Is this about Mr. B or the 'bigger picture'?" He put emphasis on 'bigger picture.' That made me chuckle, because i always used to say that to him when we got into an argument. 

"It has nothing to do with him. Him getting on me about being tardy was just the last straw for me. I just can't take all the pressure of being perfect anymore." I confessed. 

"So the bigger picture. Listen babe, i know you have a lot of stress put on you from sports, your dad and school but i know you can do it. I know how strong you are; physically and emotionally. I know that no matter what you'll make it through. You survived your mom and me." I let out a chuckle at that. "If you could handle me for 3 years then you must be doin something right." Without realizing it, i started smiling and he gave me a smile in return. "Now there's that smile. How about we go back out there and show Mr. B that no one can get you down." I nodded my head.

He helped me up and i don't know why, but i pulled him into a strong embrace. I smelt his Phoenix body spray and i instantly relaxed. This felt normal. It reminded me of the past when life was easier. When i was with Drake, i felt a lot less stressed.  I felt like a normal teenager.

"Drake."

"Yeah?"

"I think i'd be willing to give us another chance." I whispered as i laid my head on his chest.