Sorrowful Joy

(OKAYYYYY, HERE IT IS THE CLIFF HANGER IS FINALLY OVER. AND I HAVE ADDED A HUGE SURPRISE TO THIS CHAPTER. TARRONS P O V . I THINK i'M GONNA NEED A FEW DAY'S REST NOW AS I'M ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED ALL I HAVE DONE OVER THE LAST 2 DAYS IS EAT, SLEEP AND DRINK RUBY'S ISLAND. WOW 3 CHAPTERS IN 2 DAYS. HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY, AND WILL FORGIVE ME FOR TAKING A COUPLE OF DAYS OFF. I REALLY WANT TO WORK A LITTLE MORE ON THE NEW R/I, SO HAPPY READING AND PLEASE DONT FORGET TO VOTE ETC XX)

"WHOOPS NEARLY FORGOT THANKYOU KAY FOR GIVING ME THE IDEA ABOUT DOING A POV FOR TARRON XX)

*7 Months ago*

P O V Tarron:-

I walked away from the couple on the beach, not believing what I had agreed to do. This was not my way, and it had shocked me deeply that I had let them live, let alone offering to help them. There just seemed to be something about them though and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Maybe it was something to do with their survival instincts and that they had gotten away from Cyrus. After all he was a cold blooded killer, and nothing and no-one could stop him once he got started. Except for the girl that was. She seemed to have some sort of hold over him, seemed to put him under some sort of spell and I can't say that I blamed him for falling for her as she was absolutely breathtaking with her blonde almost white hair and bright green eyes.

I think it must have been her eyes, they reminded me so much of..........

Ayanna. I swallowed hard trying to rid the lump in my throat. The same lump I always got whenever I mentioned her name or thought about her.

Ayanna had been my childhood sweetheart. We had met when I was 10 and she was 9. She was so cute the first time I had seen her at school, with her mousy brown hair tied up in pig-tails and her deep green eyes. A large group of boys had surrounded her, mocking and teasing her just because she was new. I had ploughed in and knocked the boys to the floor kicking and punching them until none of them were left standing.

Ayanna had just stared at me in surprise through her teary green eyes, her mouth hanging open when I walked over and draped my arm around her shoulder. “Come on, I will look after you.” I said leading her away and towards the school doors.

We'd been inseparable ever since, started dating in our teens and married by the time I was 20. She'd been stunning on our wedding day with her brown hair cascading down her back into little ringlets, her bright green eyes, and the beautiful Ivory dress that hugged against her sensual figure like a second skin. I felt the luckiest man alive. Feeling even luckier when 3 months later Ayanna told me I was going to become a Father.

Our happiness was short lived though as Ayanna died in childbirth, my son only taking three small breaths before he followed her. She was 20.

I buried the love of my life and my tiny son side by side in a white coffin, my heart ripping in two as they were lowered into the ground.

It had been months before I ventured outside, my two brothers after weeks of moaning convinced me to go out, and that was where I had met Cyrus.

He had been seated at a table in the 'Roger's Arms' my local, watching me for most of the night. I had gotten more uncomfortable as the night wore on and in the end I had snapped. Going over to him I thumped my fist down hard on the table.