Home Made

(HI GUY'S SO SORRY ITS BEEN A WHILE UPLOADING, THE FLU BUG THING I HAD TURNED OUT TO BE A CHEST INFECTION SO BEEN FEELING PRETTY PANTS. ANYWAYS NEXT CHAPTER UPLOADED HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. IVE ADDED A SONG THIS TIME CALLED "THANKYOU FOR LOVING ME" BY BON JOVI ............... kADES SONG TO RUBY.)

P O V Ruby:-

“Oh my god,” I groaned. The smell of roasting pork filled the air, sending my taste buds delirious with longing, and causing my mouth to salivate so much that I had to keep wiping the corners, for fear of saliva trailing down my chin.

How I ever waited for that first piece of pork to cook fully, I shall never know. I would have eaten it raw if I had too, as I was that hungry.

Kade passed me the first piece, which I broke in half, fingers picking gently when they touched the hot meat. No way was I keeping the first piece for myself, Kade needed it as much as what I did, and there was plenty more to come.

Kade smiled at me warmly. I could see he was struggling with his taste buds too, as he kept swallowing and wiping at his mouth.

He took the pork eagerly, then shoved it hungrily into his mouth.

“Delicious,” he mumbled with his mouth full, his face lit up like a child's in a sweet shop as he chewed the meat quickly, then gulped it down. I couldn't help but giggle at him when I saw his boyish grin staring back at me, the second piece of meat was almost cooked.

I ate my piece much slower, don't get me wrong I wanted to shovel it in as fast as I could, but the lack of food over the last couple of days had made me feel so nauseous, I seemed to be struggling to swallow the meat down.

I gagged a little, then chewed slowly, letting the flavours seep and tantalise my taste buds, until eventually I began to enjoy the delicious taste, my hand already reaching for some more before I had even finished the mouthful I was chewing on.

I looked up and realised that Kade had been watching my silent battle, a look of concern flitted across his face, which was quickly followed by a look of relief when he saw that I was managing to eat.

I smiled across at him, reassuring him that I was okay, then tore the new piece of meat in half, again giving Kade his share.

We continued on like this until we had eaten our fill, my stomach feeling as if it were going to burst with all the meat that I had eaten. I almost laughed out loud, thinking about how ironic it was. I was either too empty, or too full.

I leant back against a tree, sighing happily, then closed my eyes. The mid afternoon sun felt soothing as it kissed warmly at my skin, prickling and teasing it gently with it's hot rays.

It felt so wonderful to be alive, to have no hunger pains or pirates chasing after us, to feel the sun seeping through our skin and into our bodies, warming our insides as well as our out, and not forgetting the most important thing of all............To be with the man I loved for the rest of my life.

I didn't know how long we had, or if we would ever be rescued,but with Kade by my side, it didn't matter.

But what did matter was....... that in this moment of time I was so deliriously happy, that all the pirates, cannibals and tornadoes in the world couldn't spoil my mood if they were to all pile on top of me right now.