Home Sweet Home

(YAY NEXT CHAPTER FINALLY HERE. SO SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG, BUT I WANTED TO GET IT JUST RIGHT AND EXPLAIN IT PROPERLY FOR ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE OUT THERE. IT'S TAKEN ME FOREVER DOING RESEARCH AND LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT WAY TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING............NOT FORGETTING RE-WRITING LOADS OF IT CAUSE IT DIDNT FEEL RIGHT. ANYWAY #5 ON THE WHATS HOT LIST AND IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOU. SO THANK-YOU FOR ALL YOUR VOTES COMMENTS ETC PLEASE KEEP VOTING. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL BIG THANK-YOU TO 

Simplebutawesome

 FOR THE FANTASTIC COVER SHE HAS MADE ME. THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU XX )

(THERES ALSO A PICTURE ON THE RIGHT WHICH SHOWS YOU SORT OF WHAT THE SHELTER LOOKS LIKE )

P O V Kade:-

I straightened up, my back clicking as I did so. The knot of being stooped over for so long finally moved back as the click seemed to re-place it.

Every part of my body ached, especially my arm, which was beginning to stiffen up because I had taken a break. I swung it around in circles grimacing at the dull pain that tore through it and groaned.

“I feel 73, not 23,” I mumbled to myself, wiping away the sweat that was running down my head and into my eyes.

It was getting really hot, the sun was fairly high in the sky, which meant it must now be getting on for early afternoon. Which also meant that I didn't have long to get our shelter built.

Well not long for the size of the shelter I was planning on building anyways.

I wanted to make sure we had plenty of room, because the way it was looking, we weren't going to be rescued any time soon, and in about seven and a half months there would be three of us.

I gulped at the thought, dreading what we were going to do if we were still on this Island when the baby was due. I didn't have any idea about the birth, and what was expected of me, nor did I have any Midwifery skills.

I just hoped Ruby knew what had to be done.

I must ask her later I thought, as I looked down at the huge pile in front of me.

I had spent all morning chopping, sawing and cutting down some of the smaller trees around the area, then collecting masses of branches, twigs and vines. Which were now all piled up next to where the shelter was going to be built. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to build, and I had seen someone make one similar a few years back on a survival program on Tv, but whether I could replicate that and make it strong enough, was another matter.

I ran my fingers through my hair, then picked up a long sturdy log that was about 10feet high, and 6 inches round in width, which was going to be used as the main support beam.

Then dragging it across to the smooth platform in front of the rocky outcrop, I dropped it to the ground and inspected the cliff face, looking for somewhere secure to rest the top of the log.

I spotted a crevice, about 6 feet up, which sank at least half a foot into the rocks. “Perfect,” I smiled, manoeuvring the log up and into the slot. It was a bit of a tight fit, but after banging and nudging it about a bit it sank into the crevice perfectly.

I pulled and yanked at it a while, then happy it wasn't going to fall down any time soon, I began to add the sides.