In The Blink Of An Eye

(HI PEEPS, SO SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG BETWEEN UPLOADS, IVE GOT SOME SORT OF FLU BUG.........YUK, SO NOT FELT UP TO MUCH OF ANYTHING. BUT ANYWAYS HERES THE NEXT CHAPTER WHICH I HOPE YOU ENJOY...........SAME AS BEFORE THERE IS A GRAPHIC SCENE IN THIS CHAPTER, BUT NOT A BIG ONE, SO SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE OK.  SO PLEASE VOTE, LIKE TWEET AND COMMENT AND HAPPY READING XX)

P O V Ruby:-

We ran until we could run no more, I was absolutely exhausted and I could see Kade was too. We collapsed on the floor, gasping for breath, my heart felt as if it were going to burst through my chest, and my feet stung with a burning rage, the harsh stones having cut them to shreds.

I bent down and began to rub my swollen bleeding feet, then groaned as Kade shifted over towards me and took one of them in his hands.

He began to knead the balls of my foot, just below the toes with his thumbs, circling gently, then kneading again, moving down my foot and onto the heel.

I moaned as a shiver of delight tingled down my spine, then threw my head back so my hair was touching the floor behind me.

It was very weird, because even though my foot was stinging with pain from the many cuts it had, Kades hands seemed to work miracles, and soothe away the soreness.

I closed my eyes and sank into deep thought.

I just couldn't believe how lucky we had been, and it was all thanks to my birthmark, the same birthmark that I had hated all my life and had always been embarrassed by, the one I had always kept hidden underneath the straps of my clothes, and only my Mother, Luke and I knew about it.

It was funny how I had never even noticed the shape of it before either.

I sighed deeply as Kade changed over to work on my other foot, and vowed silently that I would never feel uncomfortable about my birthmark ever again.

“What are you thinking about?” Kade asked huskily, breaking into my thoughts.

“Oh.......how lucky we are, and how extremely clever you are,” I replied with a smile.

“Okay, so why am I extremely clever?” Kade put down my foot and we exchanged roles, me now massaging Kade's feet. He let out a huge groan and fell backwards, so he was now laying on his back.

“Well, you knew what Anatu meant, and if it wasn't for you I would probably still be stood there now.” I laughed, taking Kade's other foot in my hand and putting the first one down.

“And if it wasn't for you, my beautiful darling lady, then we would be half way through some cannibals intestines.” He said laughing with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Ewww, that's disgusting,” I feigned throwing up, but couldn't help giggling at the thought.

“I am such a lucky man,” he sighed. “It's not every day you find out that the woman you love is a goddess........and she certainly knows how to give a good massage as well. Where on earth did you learn to do that?”

“I'm a beauty therapist...........was a beauty therapist,” I corrected myself sadly. Massage was one of the first things I was taught.”