Love and Lust

Ruby broke away from their kiss, her breath coming out in short gasps from the intensity of the passion they had just shared.

She had wanted to take it further, and she knew Kade did too, but his body was still raging with infection, and he was too weak to sit up, let alone anything else.

There's plenty of times for other things, she thought smiling list-fully to herself as she gazed into his soft blue eyes. They seemed to hold a sense of awe, pretty much the same as what she was feeling right at that exact moment.

Nobody had ever made her feel like this, not even Luke when they started dating. There just seemed to be some sort of magnetic pull between them, something that bound them together which was very electrifying.

Kade made a start to get up, but sank back down, as his legs gave way.

He groaned then put his head in his hands.

“Are you okay?” Ruby asked, the worry apparent in her voice. “Can I get you something?”

“I just need a drink and a wash,” he smiled weakly.

His face held a sickly pallor, and Ruby knew that it would take some time for him to recover from his ordeal.

It would have been a lot easier if there had been a doctor about she sighed sadly as she helped him to his feet and guided him to the water.

But doctors were a bit few and far between on dessert islands.

Kade washed up, and with the help of Ruby, made his way back up the beach, sitting down outside of the cave, which they didn't have much choice other than to sleep there for the night, he took the coconut from Ruby and drank down the milk thirstily.

They then settled down for the night inside the cave.

Ruby nestled against Kade's chest, as they talked until the early hours of the morning. Kade talking about his family, Ruby about her rejection from Luke.

“No wonder you didn't like me,” Kade whispered, shaking his head in disgust.

“How could anyone treat you like that?” he said, a tear glinting in the corner of his eye. “I would never hurt you like that,”

Tenderly he brushed the tears from her face, then kissed her lightly, hugging her closer to him.

“It's not that I didn't like you, I liked you a lot..........like you a lot,” she corrected herself, “It's was just the thought of rejection. I don't think I could have taken another fall back like that.

“That's why I tried to switch of my emotions, pretend that I wasn't interested. I thought if I didn't have these feelings then I would be safe. But I couldn't turn them off” Ruby's voice began to break as new tears started to fall down her face. “I didn't know what to do, when I saw you laying there, I thought you were making it up to start with until I saw your head and your hand, and then the guilt really set in, because I didn't think I would ever get the chance to tell you that I really did care.”

Ruby broke down, letting out all her fears that she had kept hidden for so long, feeling a little better that she had now shared her secret.

“I am so sorry Ruby, I wish I had known you back then, that Luke would never have had a look in If I were there.”

He kissed her lightly on the top of her head while she sobbed in his arms.