Flashback

1901,Washington.

I screamed.

“I am not going to hurt you Miss”, the young boy said. But he must have seen the terror in my eyes he stood up straight before me and offered me a hand to stand up. Terror had made me still,I couldn’t move my eyes away from him and couldn’t move.

He gently took my hands in his and made me stand up, I gasped as my skin burned from the contact,he immediately broke the contact, his shocked expression erased the terror from me and confusion came in its place.

“So she was right.” The boy said slowly I didn’t know if I was supposed to hear that. His Face grew dark but only for a split second,he replace his expression with a charming smile.

“My name is Troy. “He said. He had a deep rich voice.

Out of habit I gave him my right hand and said clearly “Marinotte Alexis Petrova.”

I was surprised at  how confident my voice sounded to my own ears; I shook of the feeling and looked at the boy he was young,hardly 20. And looked handsome. His face was pale and long with distinguished features.

He took my hand and kissed it, “Nice meeting you Miss Petrova” He said politely.

“Nice meeting you too Mr.…?” I left the sentence hanging he hadn’t said his last name,I realized.

“Van De Hugh” he said politely.” It’s rather big,I prefer Troy”

“Troy “, I said, I liked the way it sounded.

“May I have the pleasure to escort you home?” he asked.

All of a sudden my good mood vanished and I remembered where I was and how  I didn’t have a clue about how I was supposed to go back. My fear came back as I realized what all had happened.

He chuckled slightly but the voice sounded strained.

“I think I know your house Miss Petrova,” he said.” You are-“

“What was that?” I blurted without thinking,panic was clear in my voice.

Troy stopped walking forward and turned back to me with a confused expression. “What was what?” he asked. He was feigning innocence and I knew it. And I was determined to get my answers.

“Don’t go acting innocent!we both know what happened so just cut the story short and tell me already!” I exclaimed. I know I was acting childish but I needed to know I can’t go around trusting people.

He sighed,”I’l explain, but you have to promise me that you will let me take you home?”

“Umm ok, I guess it’s a small favor to ask “I said, and if anything went wrong I could always use the sky. I thought to myself no need to add it.

It was a quite journey home how he knew my home was still a mystery,but after my father’s death I guess we got pretty famous but the thing is, I had never seen this boy or the woman from earlier who he said was his mother. Well that’s the only thing he said the whole trip home,pretty much everything about his mother and his childhood frankly,I wasn’t the least bit interested in his childhood but it would look rude saying anything so, so I kept quite.

But I was getting impatient and home was right before us, I could see the gardens and I knew we would be entering home from the back, something I was glad for, since I has snuck out and didn’t want my mother seeing me, particularly in this dress with all mud in it.

I stopped walking abruptly, Troy stopped too and slowly turned to me, he knew what was going on.

He stood like that looking at me for quite some time; “Well” I began, encouraging him.

I stared at him for quite a long time, my gaze eventually shifted to my home or mansion if you want to call it. And then I looked down at my dress and sighed. I closed my eyes and looked up then opened them waiting for the explanation to come.

He was gone.

I mean, it was like one minute he was there and other, I just closed my eyes and he was gone.

I looked all around, alarmed I called out his name but he didn’t respond or was he even there to do it?