12.

Ryan looked up at the smart board screen, writing down the notes on the screen. He didn't write everything down though. Chemistry came naturally to him, so he didn't see the need to write down everything. Sometimes, he didn't pay attention, simply because he didn't need to. 

Calum, on the other hand, had to write everything down. If there was anything his best friend was bad at, it was chemistry. Because of that, it was only normal that Calum barely talked during class, because Calum needed to pay attention in class to understand. 

But Ryan noticed something different in their class today, besides Calum's need to write down everything and listen to everything. 

Calum and Mr. Hemmings were doing everything but acknowledging each other's existence. Every time Calum would look up at the board, Mr. Hemmings would look back. If they ever made eye contact, they'd quickly look away and continue doing something else.

The two probably thought it was subtle, but to Ryan, it wasn't subtle. He could tell something happened, and he wanted to know what.

"Hey Cal...," Ryan trailed off. 

"Yeah?" Calum asked in reply.

"What happened between you and Mr. Hemmings?" Ryan asked. 

Ryan saw Calum stop writing while furrowing his eyebrows. Calum looked up at him, confused, but Ryan could see right through him. 

"What are you talking about?" Calum asked. 

Ryan scoffed. 

"You know what I'm talking about. You used to stare at his ass constantly. You used to stare into space and daydream about him, a lot. You used to stare at him, a lot. You even mentioned what it'd be like to moan his name if you guys were in a weird, kinky porno video, like the ones you watch. Now, you won't even look at him or say his name."  

Calum froze. He tried to play it off smoothly. 

"Seriously Ryan, I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Cut the bullshit Calum. I've known you since Kindergarten. I know when you're lying and I know you're lying now." 

Calum sighed. He knew Ryan could tell when he was lying. He couldn't fool him now. 

"Well... it's not important now." 

"Yes it is important now," Ryan told him, "My ship is sinking, and that's not good." 

It was Calum's turn to scoff.

"All this time, all you cared about was your ship with me and Luke."

"Luke?" Ryan asked. 

"I mean, Mr. Hemmings," Calum said, correcting himself as he blushed. 

Ryan then smirked. 

"We're already on a first name basis now aren't we?" 

"Stop Ryan." 

"I'm not going to; we both know that. Anyway, a fanboy's gotta do what he's gotta do. One of them, in which, is making sure his ships sail instead of sink. Now tell me." 

Calum sighed again. He knew Ryan wouldn't stop bothering him about it until he knew. 

"Okay, fine. I'll tell you about it when we Skype later." 

Ryan beamed at his victory as the bell rang. Calum and Ryan then started to pack their things while Mr. Hemmings started to announce the assignment they were suppose to finish by the next day. 

They both had all their things. They stood up and started to walk out the door. Of course, Calum wouldn't walk out with bumping into Mr. Hemmings. Ryan watched their interaction.