2.

It wasn't long until Calum reached his school. He looked at the old brick building. The name of the school 'Angleton High School' was painted on the front of the school, but anyone could see that the paint job was slowly peeling. 

He watched the jocks drive and park in the parking lot while the cheerleaders took selfies and flirted with players of the football team. The stoners were getting high in a discrete corner of the school, while the nerds were playing chess in the courtyard. 

It was a typical high school in Calum's eyes. Calum didn't see himself to fit in any of those groups, so without hesitation, he walked inside the school and proceeded to find his locker. Once he did, which was in the main hallway of the school, he looked on his schedule, which he received in the main, for the combination. 

Calum opened his locker and looked inside the small space that would hold his school supplies for the year.

Calum took off his backpack and set it on the ground. He opened it, and proceeded to put his school supplies in his locker. 

He was in the middle of the process when he suddenly heard a loud bang come from the other side of his locker. Calum jumped and let out a high-pitched squeak, his hand flying to his heart in a second. 

He moved his locker door to see his best friend, Ryan Andel, standing on the other side.

Calum looked at his best friend, seeing that he didn't change much. His hair was blond, and fluffy, and could be described as 'shaggy'. It fully covered his forehead and almost fully covered his ears. His eyes were still the same shade of dark brown. He wore a salmon-colored take with light-washed jeans with holes in the knees, with light brown Sperrys.

Ryan, most of all, was gay. He didn't act gay at first sight, but once Calum got to know him, he gave off a gay vibe. 

One example was his fashion taste. If anyone knew about fashion, Ryan would be the one to know it. He was the one person to go shopping with because he simply knew the best about what looked good on others and what is good in general. 

Calum and Ryan had been best friends ever since they could remember. Ryan had helped Calum on their first day of kindergarten, and they've been friends ever since. Ryan and Calum never really fit in with the groups at their school, which is why they've only ever had each other. 

"God Ryan, you had to slam my locker?" Calum gasped, catching his breath. 

"Yes, I did. It's nice to see you too bud," Ryan said, giving Calum a small hug, "but that's not the reason why I needed to get your attention." 

"What is the reason then?" Calum asked.  

Ryan looked around, before he leaned in. 

"You won't believe it. There's a new chemistry teacher this year, and he's hot." 

Calum looked at Ryan, surprised. Ryan wasn't the one to check out guys, so this was a first time Ryan had said anything about it. 

"RyanAndel... are you... checking out the new chemistry teacher? What happened to 'I'man independent gay boy. I don't need no man'?"

"Youdon't get it. This teacher is hot, hot enough for me to check himout, and I don't usually check out guys because I am, in fact, an independent gay boy," Ryan replied. 

Calum paused and thought.

"Is he really that hot?" Calum asked.

"Yes,hot. I know you don't care about your sexuality or whatever, but he's hot. Justwait until you see him." 

Calum nodded. 

He wasn't the one to label himself with a sexuality label. He felt like he would just fall in love with whoever his heart liked, and would be very accepting of it. He was always the one to wait, until he felt the feeling of his heart jumping for the person. But this chemistry teacher did sound interesting. Calum decided to check him out as well, to see if he actually was hot.

The bell suddenly rang. Calum looked around and watched many students rush to their first hour class. Calum finished putting his supplies in his locker and shut his locker.

"What's your first hour class?" Ryan asked. 

Calum looked at the piece of paper in his hand. 

"I have chemistry... with Mr. Hemmings," Calum replied. 

"Same here. Mr. Hemmings is the new chemistry teacher I was talking about. You'll see what I was talking about when we get there," Ryan insisted. 

Calum rolled his eyes then smiled as him as him and Ryan walked to the science wing of the school. 

They reached the classroom, 121, Mr. Hemmings' classroom. 

Curious, Calum followed Ryan inside. 

_____

That's what Ryan looks like, btw.

The chapters are probably gonna be this length, and possibly longer. Just so you know.