1.

First chapterrrr. Enjoy! Gif - What Calum looks like in this fic. 

_____

"That looks about right," Calum said as looked himself in the mirror one last time, making sure his fringe looked okay. 

Calum looked at his outfit in the mirror. His outfit consisted of a blue t-shirt that said 'Capture' on the top with a picture under it, along with a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of black vans. His black hair was styled into a fringe, and had been for awhile now, the fringe falling over his forehead and swooping to the right. 

Calum nodded, watching the mirror copy the action. 

"Yeah, that looks good." 

Calum took one last look at himself before he grabbed his black backpack and walked down the stairs towards the kitchen. 

He walked in and saw his mum rushing to get ready while his dad sat at the kitchen table reading the newspaper whilst sipping on a cup of coffee. 

It was a typical morning in the Hood household. Calum didn't have any siblings and his parents were early birds, so it's no surprise that Calum found himself to be the last one to get to the kitchen for breakfast. 

"Morning," Calum said. 

Both of his parents looked up to see their only son standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Good morning Calum. I have pancakes waiting for you, along with a glass of milk," his mum, Joy, said.

"Thanks mum," Calum said. 

[Even though Calum grew up in America, he said 'mum' more than 'mom'. He lived in Australia when he was a toddler, before his father moved them to America so he could live closer to the main headquarter of his company. Calum learned to say 'mum', and it stuck with him since.]

Calum walked over to the dining table and sat down in the chair that had the plate of syrup-drenched pancakes and glass of milk. 

His mum check the time, and immediately started to begin to rush out the door. 

"Sorry boys. I have to go. I have a new client today and she isn't the most patient person," she said.

"It's okay mum," Calum told her, smiling. 

Joy smiled back and walked over to Calum to place a kiss on the top of his head after she had kissed her husband and Calum's father, David. 

"Good bye Calum. Have a great first day of school." 

"I will mum. See you tonight."  

She smiled and blew kisses before she grabbed her purse, slipped on her shoes and walked out the door in a hurry. 

The house was silent after that. Calum began to eat his food while his father put down the newspaper and began to stare at him. Calum could feel his father's stare. It made him feel uncomfortable, since him and his father didn't have the greatest relationship. 

"So... Calum, it's the first day of your junior year, isn't it?" David started off. 

"Yeah, it is," Calum said before he continued to eat. 

"Alright. Well, junior year is a very important year. That's the year most college start to care. It's where your grades and GPA really matter. Now I want you to strive for all A's this year. With that, you will get a 4.0 GPA. I don't want you to settle for a B, or even a B+. I want to see your report care and see that you have all A's, A+'s if you can," David told him. 

Calum nodded again.

"I want you to get the best grades you can get. I want you to amaze Harvard or Stanford. I want you to be the first student they accept," David then said, "are you listening Calum?" 

"Yes dad. I am listening. Get good grades. Good grades equals a good college, which equals a brainy job, which is what you want for me because you do the exact same thing," Calum automatically replied. 

In all honesty, Calum heard the exact same lecture when he started his sophomore year. He was sure his dad didn't know that, so he kept quiet and nodded when his dad made his main points. 

His dad nodded. 

"Good. Now get to school. I don't want you to be late."

Calum ignored his dad and got up to put his dishes in the sink. He grabbed his backpack and mumbled a goodbye to his dad before he walked out the door towards his school, which was only a couple of blocks away. 

Calum shoved his hands into his pocket as he walked, thinking about the school year that was ahead of him.