5.

[Fetus Calum is my favorite. Thus the reason Calum is fetus in this fic.]

____

"Did you want to hang out after school today? My parents won't be home until late tonight," Calum said as he and Ryan walked to Calum's locker. 

"You'd know I'd love to Cal, but I can't," Ryan told him. 

"It's only the first day. You shouldn't really have anything to do," Calum pointed out. 

"Yeah but... I do," Ryan said.

"Which is what?" Calum asked. 

"Well, this guy has an art club meeting to attend and lead," Ryan proudly said, pointing to himself. 

Calum looked at him in surprise, even though it shouldn't have been. Even though Ryan could be a bit weird at times, he had a loving passion for the visual arts. It should have been no surprise that Ryan was now leading. 

They stopped at Calum's locker while Calum turn towards him. 

"You're the president?" 

Ryan nodded.

"Mr. Eeal will be helping of course." 

[Mr. Eeal was the art teacher, and everyone could see that Ryan was his favorite student.]

"Since when?" 

"Last year. The previous president, Tori Welsh, was a senior, and was graduating, so we obviously needed a new president. The last meeting of the year last year, we held a voting. I won." 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was right before summer vacation started. I was going to tell you, but then we got caught up with everything that happened. It slipped by," Ryan shrugged. 

"I'm happy you got the position though," Calum said, congratulating his best friend, "but is this a leisure club or a club that makes a difference or whatever?" 

"Our purpose is to spread the history and beauty of visual arts throughout the community, so we are more of a 'difference' club," Ryan answered, "we also do our own projects too. I remember sophomore year, we all worked together to make a model of the Eiffel Tower out of clay. We even painted it and everything to make it look like the actual one. That same year, I painted my own version of Van Gogh's painting of 'Starry Night'. It took two months, but it was work it to see it at the end."   

"I remember. It did look pretty cool," Calum agreed. 

Calum knew that if he didn't stop Ryan, he would talk about art until he physically couldn't talk anymore, but his best friend loved art, and he didn't want to stop him.

"Yeah, which is why I'm the president," Ryan finished.

"That's good though. This'll help you get into that art college you've always wanted to go to," Calum told him. 

"Of course, and, being president, I'm going to be a little bit more busy this year, because of planning group and community art projects with tending to other business of the club along with school work," Ryan then added, "this really is going to be a different year for both of us."

"I understand how it's going to be different for you, but for me, it's going to stay the same," Calum told him. 

"It's going to be different for you because... our chemistry teacher could be your boyfriend by the end of the year," Ryan told him, wiggling his eyebrows.  

Calum scoffed and slightly shoved him.

"You wish." 

"You wish, you mean," Ryan said, winking, "anyway, the meeting is in ten minutes. I'll see you tomorrow?"