4.

Luke ate his lunch at a steady pace while preparing for his next class. Luke wasn't associated much with the other teachers as well as he hoped so he sat in his classroom and looked over his work for his next class.

While he ate, he couldn't get his mind off of one of his students.

Calum Hood. 

Luke knew he was bisexual since high school, so it didn't surprise him to see himself attracted to a boy. 

What surprised him was the age difference. The tan boy had to be, at least, sixteen years old. 

The youngest Luke ever dated was last year, when he was twenty one. He had a short relationship with an eighteen year old, some freshman girl when he was a senior in college. 

He was cute. She was cute. They went out. Being the freshman girl now, and repeating her old high school habits, she tended to have a lot of one night stands without even taking Luke into account of her affairs. Luke caught her with one of Luke's closest friends. 

Simply after, Luke broke it off with her, and that close friend wasn't a close friend anymore. 

Two months later, Luke found out she was pregnant with the bastard's baby. Luke had no sympathy for her, moved on from her, the baby, and his ex-friend, and kept those people in his past.

Last Luke checked, she was happy, with the one year old baby boy she had, with the bastard friend that was now her boyfriend. He knew this, because they still had each others' facebooks.  

Since then, Luke had vowed to wait for the right one. He didn't want a cheating other that would eventually become conceived with another man's baby. He never fell in love. He never looked around. He stayed away from those that had a significant age difference from his. 

Until today, that was. 

Calum just seemed to catch his eye. Luke didn't mean to stare at him. It just happened. 

Calum was something different. 

He had an innocent face, but had a bad boy aura. He seemed very open, but very secretive at the same time. He seemed quiet, but but could speak his mind when he wanted. Luke saw it all, seeing how Calum interacted with his friend, Ryan. 

Luke then thought to his physical appearance. Calum was smaller, and slim for his age. He wore a blue t-shirt, tight jeans, and Vans that emphasized the smallness of his body. His black hair fell over his forehead but was also, slightly, pushed back. 

Luke slightly smiled when he thought of Calum's own smile, the way he let out a small laugh to accompany the smile. Luke couldn't keep his eyes off of Calum then. He had to make it appear that Calum and Ryan were in trouble to get his mind off of the attractive boy. 

Luke's thoughts got more vulgar, suddenly imagining those plump lips that Calum had. Luke imagined his thin lips on those plump lips. He imagined pushing Calum against that table he sat at and taste him and take him there. He-

Luke shook his head and thought of his grandma and dead puppies to rid himself of those graphic images. 

His thoughts were fully interrupted when he heard a knock on his classroom. 

"Strange. I'm not expecting anyone," Luke thought to himself. 

Curious, Luke walked over to his classroom door and opened it. 

He saw a guy about 6'2'', which was the same as Luke's 6'2''. The guy had red-dyed hair and green eyes. He wore a band t-shirt, jean jacket, tight black jeans, and combat boots. He gave Luke a smile. 

"Hey," the guy said. 

"Hey," Luke cautiously said. 

"So, I heard you're the new chemistry teacher this year... after Ms. Jane got caught sleeping with the superintendent," he smugly said. 

Luke's eyes widened. 

"She did what?" 

"Ms. Jane. She taught here for... about ten years. Middle-aged woman. Alone with no kids. I heard she got desperate to keep her job, and that she found out that the superintendent, Robert Tale, had a interest in her. They made a deal, and did it. Before you know it, they're both gone. But with that, comes a new chemistry teacher, you, and a new superintendent, Titus Rede."

"I'm sorry... did you just come to my classroom to tell me how the previous teacher of my position got fired?" 

"Oh, no. That's not the main reason. I hear gossip a lot from the boss, Emmet. I just thought you'd like to know." 

"Oh..." 

The guy held his hand out. 

"Hey. I'm Michael Clifford. I'm the music teacher here. I really only teach the guitar and music theory classes, none of the band or orchestra classes. There are other teachers for that." 

Luke smiled and shook his hand.  

"Luke Hemmings."

They pulled their hands apart. 

"There's half an hour left until lunch is done, for both of our classes. I was about to go out to get some coffee. Did you want to come with? We could get to know each other more then. I saw you come in, and I'd figure you could use a friend here, because I don't really have any here either."

Luke smiled and nodded. 

"Yeah. I'd like to." 

Michael nodded and lead Luke out to the coffee shop, starting their new friendship. 

____

Calum took a bit out of his pizza while Ryan completely ignored his food and continued to pester him about Mr. Hemmings. 

"Calumwhy are you denying this? Mr. Hemmings was practically staring at you duringclass! If he could've, he would have eye-raped you," Ryan told him. 

"Why are you obsessed with Mr. Hemmings staring at me in class? He's just my teacher," Calum told him. 

"Because I ship you guys," Ryan proudly told him, a grin playing on his lips. 

"Ryan, you also have to take in account that it was only a fifty minute interaction, on the first day of school," Calum groaned. 

"Still, I ship you guys," Ryan said again.

"As much as you ship us, it wouldn't happen. He's my teacher. I'm his student. We wouldn't be able to be a thing without getting in trouble. Besides, Ijust think he's hot, that's it. I don't actually want to date him. Anyway, there's probably plenty of guys out there like him. I'll find him one day," Calum told him. 

"Whatever.I think that you two would make a hot couple. I still ship you guys. Whatwould you ship name be?" Ryan suddenly asked, "his name is Luke Hemmings. Your name is Calum Hood."  

"Ryan...," Calum trailed off. 

"Caluke? Lalum? Hoodings?" Ryan listed off. 

"Something. Good luck with everything you said today, because Mr. Hemmings and I will probably never become a thing."   

____

Short chapters = faster updates. 

(: