34 // THE ELEVENTH HOUR

I woke up to the most chilling scream I'd ever heard, and lately I'd been hearing a lot of them. But this wasn't the normal kind. This was the kind that had both of my parents awake and hurrying into both mine and Jones' room to see if we were okay.

My father burst into my room and in the dim light that the window provided I could see that his eyes were wide with fear. 

"Thank god," he whispered and flicked the light on. "Come on, up you get Alex."

"W-What?" I stammered. 

"We need to go to the basement," He told me calmly, "we don't have a lot of time."

"We don't have a basement," I whined, 

"Alexander!" 

I felt my stomach drop at the sound of Blue's voice and my father noticed it. 

"We don't have time Alexander," he snapped and grabbed my wrist.

"Dad!" I snapped as he yanked me out of the bed. 

When he had managed to pull me into the hallway, I saw red coming through the windows. Which would have been normal had it been sunrise, but it wasn't. It couldn't be past three in the morning. 

"What is that?" I tried but he wasn't listening to me. He let me go and started tugging on the rug, which was absurd to me because there was no basement let alone a basement under the rug. As he did that, I hurried over to the window. Outside, there was a parade of people. 

What surprised me even more was that Blue, his Clan, Desire's pack and a lot more people were standing around too. The red was the sky, or what looked like the sky. As far as I could see, it was blood red. The light reflected off of Blue's face and flames were pouring out of his hands. 

"Lincoln!" Orlando screamed. I looked around for her, and she was standing closer to Blue's house. I looked above her, and there was three people being flung into the air. 

"Dad," I breathed. I looked back at him, and he was ushering my mother and Jones into a trap door. 

"Come on Alex," he ordered me. 

"Where's Lilith?" I asked.

"Her and Eve are already in there, now come on," he huffed. I nodded and started towards him, but at the last second I took a deep breath and shoved him down the hole. 

"I'm so sorry," I muttered and shut the door. I pushed the couch over it as quickly as I could, so that they couldn't get out, and then threw the front door open. I was hit with every sound imaginable. Screaming, crying, snarling, howling. 

I found Desire quickly and she looked shocked to see me. 

"I need you to knock Lincoln out for me," I told her. 

"Alex you need to get inside," she ordered me. "They're here for you."

"I know, but they can't do the spell if they don't have Lincoln or my family," I lied. "I know how the ritual works." 

"What-" she started.

"My family is in the basement under the couch," I interrupted her. "Put Lincoln in there with them, close it again and then send Blue after me."

"Alex-" she tried again.

"Desire," I huffed, "there is no time. Knock Lincoln out with your witchy hoodoo and put her under the couch. Kaiser will try to do the ritual, I'll be dead for a few minutes but I'll come back. He'll be weakened while transitioning and then Blue will be able to kill him."