11 // REBIRTH

"He's going to be a great Hybrid" Aria told me as we sat in the living room. Since Aria had turned him, he'd been moved up to my bedroom.

Since my parents were still in Gregory County, as my Uncle Holden and Aunt Lucille had managed to convince them to stay in the motel with them, our house had become a halfway home.

Magdalen was still here, which meant the Black Dusk Pack was constantly coming in to check on her. Marigold, however, hadn't left. She had been the source of entertainment for the past day and a half.

Once, Orlando betted that he could get twelve apple stickers on her back before she noticed, I said five. He got seven, so I won a vial of his blood that I was yet to receive. Honestly, I didn't care if he never gave it to me.

Since Harley was not only going to be a Vampire, but a Werewolf as well, Blue was monitoring his transition which meant he and his Clan were non-stop here too.

Aria told me that that crunching noise I heard was the sound of Harley's bones breaking, which every Werewolf had to endure to become one. But since he was now becoming a Hybrid, he would feel none of that pain as he was... Well, dead.

"He made an even better human" I muttered and felt Jones glaring at me. He didn't understand why I hated the idea of Harley becoming a Hybrid.

He knew that I was the Anchor, but no one told him that I would be killed by them.

Lincoln had been floating around, but for the most part she had been steering clear of all the Supernatural beings as much as possible.

"He should wake up soon" Blue told us. "Within the night for sure"

"How do you know?" Jones asked.

"His bones have stopped breaking" Blue said blankly and I saw Jones shudder.

"It's been a rough thirty-eight hours" Orlando chuckled.

"It's been the worst thirty-eight hours of my life" I agreed.

"What?" Jones said. "Flying out of Lincoln's car isn't the worst?"

I rolled my eyes at him. We all heard some shuffling coming down the stairs and I think it's safe to say everyone was surprised to see Magdalen.

She looked around, then gave me a weak smile. Marigold was asleep on the couch and her twin started towards her.

Suddenly, she stopped. She sniffed at the air and her top lip curled up and we heard a small growl coming from her.

"Magdalen" Blue warned. Magdalen's eyes shot up to the top of the stairs, and I gasped.

Harley stood there, only it wasn't Harley. He had molten gold coloured eyes, and his hair was brown instead of blonde.

"Harley" Jones said, but his eyes never left mine. As Blue got to his feet, Harley disappeared.

I screamed as I felt something sharp plunge into my neck, like when Orlando had fed on me.

As fast a it had happened, it ended. When I looked over, I saw Magdalen had pinned Harley to the ground. Next to me, Aria was beginning to twitch and I realised it was because of the blood seeping out of my neck.

I covered it with my hand quickly, and Blue was upon me. He placed one of his hands over mine and Aria left the room.

"Magdalen" he snapped. "Take Harley to your basement and chain him up. Orlando go with her and make sure he can't get out"

"What?" Jone frowned. "He isn't an animal, you can't just lock him up"

"He is locked onto Alexander's blood now" Blue told him angrily. "If given the chance, he will hunt her down and drain every last drop of her blood. Is that what you want?"