30 // ATTACKED

I sat in the tent with the blanket wrapped around me. The camp fire was still going, and the only people still out by it were Orlando and Blue. They weren't even talking, or if they were then they were talking really quietly.

Sherlock was laying at my feet, and I was pretty sure he was asleep. Finally, I heard Blue mutter something and then saw him get up through the flimsy tent material. He slipped into the tent and paused when he saw that I was still awake.

"I can't sleep," I told him quietly. He nodded and tugged at his sweater. That was the thing about Blue, he always wore sweaters. As Blue tossed the sweater near Sherlock, I felt him flinch. "You're going to wake him up."

"He shouldn't be in here anyway," Blue muttered and laid down next to me. "You need to talk to your brother Alexander. He doesn't know what he's getting in to. A Lycan married to a human, it's insane."

"My parents won't let him get married," I assured him, "especially to a girl they've never met."

Blue rolled onto his side to face me and when he did I saw that his eyes were glowing.

"Why do they do that?" I asked him. "Why do your eyes glow?"

"I don't know," he mumbled. "It was something my dad did. I think it might have something to do with being a Nagual."

I knew that that was wrong, because Eve's eyes didn't glow in the dark and she was a Nagual too.

"Do you remember much about him?" I checked. Blue smiled a little and nodded.

"I remember how we used to travel around a lot. I realize now that it was to get away from my mother, but what I didn't know only made it more fun. He used to tell me that we were secret agents turned rogue, and we had to run because of the information we knew. He taught me how to use my wings, and he taught me how to use magic, an he told me all about the Supernatural world."

Blue closed his eyes and sighed. Just as I was about to reach out and grab his hand, there was a loud scream. Blue shot up and looked around, then Sherlock zoomed out of the tent. Blue didn't bother with his shirt as he followed after Sherlock.

"B-" I started.

"Stay," he ordered me and zipped the tent up behind me. I heard Sherlock barking furiously, and I heard Orlando yell something. Slowly, I crawled over to the tent door and unzipped it the tiniest bit to peek out.

The only person I could see standing out there was Jones, so I pulled the tent door open more and crawled out.

"Jones," I whispered. He span around and looked at me in shock. He hurried over as crouched next to me, looking into the forest.

"There was a dog man," Jones told me and I rose an eyebrow at him, "the dog man that bit Harley."

"Werewolf Jones," I told him, "you're going to marry one and you still call them dog men?"

"No, Alex," he frowned. "He didn't look like they look. Magdalen showed me what they look like when they transition outside of the full moon period, and he doesn't look like they do."

I looked around again, and I saw that there was no one here but us two.

"Did they... Jones. Did they all go?"

He didn't have time to answer the question, because I could hear footsteps nearby.

"Jones, we need to go," I hissed and pulled him up with me.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Now is really not the time to be asking questions," I snapped.

"Alexander."