33 // COVERT OPERATIONS

"I know that this is difficult for you," Agent Delany frowned as another agent slid a needle into the skin behind my ear. I winced and Agent Delany sighed. "I wish we didn't have to use you like this."

"It's fine," I gave him a small smile and the agent left the room, "anything to prove that my friends are innocent."

"We just need you to ask a few questions and get us enough evidence that they didn't kill Tommen," he told me for the seventeenth time.

"I know," I told him. He nodded and crossed over to the computers that were pushed against one of the walls.

"Anything that the chip manages to pick up will be relayed back to our computers. So just try and make sure that you're close enough to the people you'll be talking to," he added.

"Am I just going to have this chip in my head for the rest of my life?" I checked.

"No," Agent Delany chuckled, "we'll deactivate the chip after you're done and then come back whenever and we'll remove it for you."

"Alright," I sighed, "I think I'm ready to go."

"Just don't make it too obvious that you're questioning people," he said.

"Obviously," I scoffed and Agent Delany opened the door for me. After he closed it, I took a deep breath and started back towards town. The plan was to get them to tell me, therefore telling the FBI, that they knew nothing about the murder of Tommen.

Which would be easy as heck if I said the right things.

Hey Blue, how's your day been? Done anything interesting like... Say, murdering a certain FBI agent?

How could this possibly fail?

It seemed like the walk to Blue's house was shorter then it should have been. Or maybe it was longer, I couldn't tell. It was like I'd lost control of my motor functions, which would be fine if not for the fact that I was about to go and interrogate some people.

I pushed the door to Blue's house open and he was standing right there with a set of keys in his hand.

"Alexander?" He frowned.

"Blue?" I asked. As soon as I said it, Blue winced and pressed his spare hand to his head. "What is it?"

"There's a buzzing sound," Blue muttered and took a step back. "Say something."

"Something like where the hell do you think you're goi-" I started but Blue held his hand up to stop me from talking.

"What have you done?" He checked. "Every time you speak there's a buzzing."

"I don't know what you mean," I tried and grabbed the door frame to stop my hands from shaking.

"Hmm," Blue hummed. For a very long second, I thought that Blue was going to push the conversation, but he shrugged and continued towards the door. I stepped out of the way for him, but followed as he started towards the garage.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I need to go to Gregory County," he told me, "there are some things I need to get from the herbal shop there."

"Oh," I mumbled.

"I would let you come if you could," Blue told me, "and I'll be as quick as I can."

"Mhmm," I hummed. "Before you go... Could you... What happened to Tommen?"

"Tommen?" Blue tilted his head at me. "Why?"

"I was just thinking about it," I sighed and tapped my fingers against my thigh. "You never told me what happened to him."

"Yes I did," he scoffed, "I told you that I would get Harley to make him forget what had happened, and then I would send him back to the agency."