20 // MASTER MONSTER HUNTER

"What happened Alexander?" Blue demanded as Orlando dragged Harley out of my window, we couldn't risk my parents seeing him.

"It wasn't my fault," I told him quickly, but he didn't look convinced. He narrowed his golden eyes at me, and I wanted to scream. He was interrogating me about why my cousin was trying to kill me.

"What did you do?" He asked again and he sounded angrier this time. Well, Blue always sounded angry, but at the moment it was worse.

"Blue, I didn't so anything," I whined. He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his messy black hair before looking at me again.

"He's transitioning," Blue told me. "I don't know what's happened yet, but I'm sure it's because he's transitioning."

"He's transitioning?" I scoffed. "Harley is turning into a homicidal maniac, because he's transitioning?"

"Alexander," he frowned, "I don't know what to say to you that will make this okay, it's not. He's your family and I know what you're goin-"

"How?!" I cried. "How could you possibly know what it's like having your family try to kill you?!"

Blue looked at me, as though he was seven and I was his favorite toy and I just broke. Which was insanely stupid.

"Do you want to come and see Desire with me?" He asked and I nodded. I climbed off of my bed and Blue opened the door for me to go out.

"Have you seen Jones lately?" I asked Blue as we started towards Desire's house.

"Yeah," Blue shrugged. "He's been spending a lot of time Magdalen."

"Why?" I huffed. "Jones is supposed to hang out with me."

"Are you jealous?" Blue rose an eyebrow.

"Yes," I hissed. "First Lincoln, then Jones and now Har- you can't tell Jones."

"I wasn't going to," Blue shrugged and when he did I saw the tiniest bit of his Brand.

"Are you scared?" I asked and he looked at me with a frown. "Scared of what's coming, I mean."

"I don't know," he sighed. "I should be, right? Being scared is a normal thing but... I don't know Alexander. Saying you're scared and being scared are two completely different things and-"

"Stop."

I looked around in shock and when I turned around, there was a woman standing there. She was taller than both of us, with black hair and a scar running down her right arm.

"Get behind me," Blue muttered and I assumed that she was here for Blue's Brand, or maybe she was here for the Anchor.

"You really think he'll protect you?" She scoffed. "He's a Witch"

"What are you doing here?" Blue demanded.

"I'm here to protect the Anchor," she said and looked at me, "from everything."

"Alexander, go find Renee," Blue told me. I took a step backwards, ready to listen to Blue, but as I did the woman threw something.

Blue threw his arm in front of me to protect me, and as he did three very long metal spikes pierced through Blue's skin and came out the other side.

"Blue," I gasped.

"Alexander, go," he snapped.

"No," I hissed at him. He huffed and with his other hand he threw flames at her. Which, if I wasn't in another life threatening situation, would have been amazing.