23 // FRAGMENTED MEMORY

"Alex."

Someone was shaking me.

"Alex wake up."

I opened my eyes and Eve was standing above me, shaking my shoulders furiously.

"Eve?" I frowned. I looked around, I was in my living room. "How did I get here?"

"You... You've been gone for six hours!" She cried. "You're telling me you don't remember any of it?"

"I don't," I said and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Eve?"

Lilith walked through the door to the kitchen and she narrowed her eyes at me too.

"You're back," she muttered.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," I scoffed.

"What did Blue want?" Eve asked.

"Blue," I repeated and tried to remember if I'd seen him recently.

"Yeah," Eve huffed. "He came here and threatened to expose himself to your mum."

"B-Blue?" I stammered and Eve looked at Lilith. Lilith pursed her lips and I started pulling myself to my feet. Eve and Lilith were enveloped in a silent conversation and I wanted to know what was being said.

"I leave for seventeen years," Lilith sighed. "Seventeen years and this family falls apart. Alright, Eve stay here with Alex. I'm going to get Jones."

"Jones?" I asked.

"He wants to become a Lycan," Lilith muttered and started towards the door. Before I could say anything else, she was gone. I turned to Eve, but she was starting to walk away.

"Why?" I demanded. "Why would Jones want to become a Werewolf?"

"How the hell would I know?" She scoffed. "If anything, you should. You are his little sister."

"Eve," I tried, but she had already left I was going to follow her, but I thought better of it. I wanted to go and ask Blue what to do. But at the same time, I wasn't entirely sure how much of my memory I was missing. Eve also said that Blue had been here, and if I didn't remember him being here then chances are that he was the one that had messed with my memories. 

On top of that, I couldn't even tell my best friend in fear that she could be an enemy now. 

"Don't worry about it Alex," Eve ordered me from, what sounded like, the top of the staircase. "My mum brought back some friends that can help."

"From where?" I frowned.

"You'll meet them tomorrow," Eve assured me, "but you should probably get some sleep. Jones will be back soon and he won't be happy. It'll be better if you're asleep when your parents wake up."

***

"Hey mum," Lilith smiled. "Would you be able to go to Gregory County for me? I ordered Alex's birthday present but it wouldn't be ready until today and I'm so tired." 

"Sure honey," Mum agreed and looked at me slyly. It was birthday season and there was nothing that my mother loved more than birthday season. My birthday was first, May seventh. My father was two weeks after mine, Jones' three days after his and Harley finished the month off on the twenty-ninth. 

Since we were all so close together, we just threw a big party in the last night of May. My mother was very extravagant when it came to this party. She rented out the town hall and whoever wanted to come was allowed to.  

"Is there really a present?" I asked Lilith. "Or did you just give her a fuel receipt to get her out of the house?"

"There's a present," Lilith agreed, "but it's a surprise."