15 // GHOSTIFIED

I was asleep when the wolf decided that the Supernatural was too close. It nudged its head into my rids, and licked my face and even nipped at my ankles.

When I woke up, the wolf zipped out of the tent and I knew.

I shot out of the sleeping bag, and out of the tent. I was about to start running towards town, when I stopped to grab Blue's journal.

I didn't care about the tent, or the sleeping bag, or my endless amount of delicious marshmallows, just the journal.

As I picked it up, I saw them. Not one, but two Griefs speeding towards me.

The wolf barked at me and I span and started running as fast as I could. I could feel my heart beating in my ears, and my legs were pumping so had that they were hurting within seconds of running.

The first time I saw a Grief, Blue was here with me.

I kept following the wolf, which was a little hard because his pitch black fur was blending in with the dark around him. The only time I could genuinely see him was when he turned his head back to look at me and his golden eyes flashed.

It was so dark, and I couldn't see where I was running. I was tripping and stumbling and I was terrified.

I remember how much it hurt when I had gotten stung by a Grief last time and how much it hurt when Wren was drawing the toxin out. I didn't want it to come to that again, but Griefs didn't make any noise. They were silently chasing me and I wasn't sure how close or faraway they were.

The wolf barked again, but I didn't know why so I kept running as fast as I could. He had tried to warn me about the rock on the floor.

I fell over it and my body came crashing to the earth. My head collided with the floor and I was out like a lightbulb.

When I woke up, it was say again.

The wolf was laying next to me, but there was no signs of the Griefs. I quickly checked over myself, but it looked like I hadn't been stung.

I let out a sigh of relief and got to my feet. I was surprised at how easy it was, like I felt like I was floating and there wasn't a care in my head.

"Surprise surprise," I muttered to the wolf. "A little bit of running does a world of good."

It got up and stretched before licking its lips. I looked down, and we were somehow still on the path back to Northrun. Lucky us.

"Why are you still here?" I asked the wolf. "Not that I'm not grateful for having you as company, but I thought you meant danger?"

He looked up at me and barked.

"I guess you're just walking me home then." I laughed. It continue like this, just walking and talking at the wolf.

When I made it home the front door was open, which was strange because the front door is never just open.

I walked inside slowly, but the wolf tried to follow me.

"What are you doing?" I hissed quietly. "Go back to the forest, this is my house. You can't come in here."

It just laid down in the doorway. I frowned and looked around to see if anyone would catch him, but the coast looked clear.

In the kitchen room, my parents were sitting at the table. Dad was reading a newspaper and mum was mindlessly drawing on the table with her fingers.

"Hey," I smiled and started towards the cupboard.

"She's insane." She ignored me and said to my dad. "Who goes camping on their own?"