Chapter 18

The last chapter sucked so I'm going to make up for it with this chapter. Actually no I'm probably not lmao

Sam's POV

Lizzy comes home looking distraught after her first day of try-outs. Dan kept pressuring her, wondering what was wrong but I told him to leave her alone for a while.

In other news; today Mia and I are going to meet some of the people interested in adopting her baby. Since she's 5 months in she's been rushing to find a home for her kid.

"Are you going to see what the gender is?" I ask Mia, climbing into the front seat of the car.

"I don't know. I'm able to do it now, I just don't want to get too attached to the kid." She explains. I nod.

"I understand. Still, it's pretty exciting to find out the gender."

"Why would I need to? I'm not going to be buying it clothes or painting it's room."

"Maybe the people adopting will want to know." I say. She shrugs, then the rest of the car ride is silent.

We get to the house and ring the doorbell. A younger family comes out, both girls. They look to be in their mid 20s.

"Hi! Welcome!" They say, inviting us in. We go and sit on their couch while one of them goes into the kitchen. "I'm Kiarah and that's Sierra." Sierra comes back with some cups of lemonade.

"I'm Sam and this is Mia. She's a little nervous right now." I say. They both smile at Mia.

"Well if you guys are ready we will tell you about ourselves!" Kiarah says warmly. We both nod, telling her to go on.

Lizzy's POV

Do you want to hang out today? -Wil

I don't know if I should answer. What if he tries to kiss me again? I don't want to be with him because I think mine and Lila's thing is repairable.

But then again he's Wil, and a 10th year. AND HE CAN DRIVE. I reply saying yes. I lay my phone down and get out of bed for the first time today. I go downstairs to find my mum and Mia gone, and my dad is watching TV.

"Hey, I'm going out today." I say. My dad responds in a grunt. 

"WITH YOUR BOOOOYFRIEND?" Justin yells.

"Shut the hell up nobody likes you." I say, pushing him and running upstairs. Since it's Saturday I can dress however I want. It's almost fall, so it's a little colder out than it usually is. 

I pull on some black leggings, and grab my tall brown boots. I slide those on and search for my white knit off the shoulder sweater and a greyish knit scarf. I put my long hair in a braid to the side, then grab my phone. Wil responded 20 minutes ago saying that he would be here in 30 minutes, meaning I have 10 minutes to myself.

I log onto Instagram and look at my recent photo of Lila and I. Some people commented that they shipped us. If only they knew.

I get a text from Wil saying that he's here. I walk outside and see him sitting in his car and that's when I realize that I didn't eat. 

I climb into the passengers seat of the car, greeting Wil with a smile. "Hungry?" He asks.

"Yeah, I just realized that I haven't had anything to eat all day." I say. He puts the car in drive.

"Where to?"

"McDonalds?" I ask. He nods, turning his blinker on.

We get to McDonalds soon after that. Wil opens the door for me, making a laugh a little bit. "I'll have a medium fry and a Fish Filet sandwich." 

"For you sir?"

"A big mac." He says, pulling out some money.

"No, I'll pay for my own." I say.

"It's our first date. I'll do it." He says. I blush and look at the counter. Date? I didn't know this was a date. Fuck. 

After they call our order we go and sit down in a booth. Wil tries to make small talk, but after finding out that we are on a date I'm a little awkward.

"I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear that this was a date." He says, noticing my discomfort. 

"No it's just, this is my first date." I say.

"It'll be a good one." He says, smiling.

After eating we get back in the car and he starts driving somewhere. I keep asking where we're going but he won't tell me. I do know that we're heading in the direction where the bowling ally is. 

As I suspected, we pull into the bowling ally. We go in and rent our shoes, then pick a little lane thingy. Wil puts both our names in while I go get the balls. Yes I said balls. I get myself a 9 pound, and a 10 pound for Wil. I walk back and hand him his ball while I step up to the lane. I take aim, then throw the ball. I ended up getting a strike.

"No fair if I knew you were going to beat me I wouldn't have taken you here!" He screams.

"Suck it up, baby." I stick my tongue out as he steps up to the lane. His ball ends up in the gutter.

"I hate this." He comes back and pouts.

I end up beating him by 30 points. After the game we turn our shoes in, then go to the arcade in the other room. I get some change then go to the racing games. He follows after me, taking the seat next to mine. We both his multiplayer. "I'm going to beat you in this, too." I taunt.

"Bitch, I'm talented in the art of driving." He says.

I end up beating him again.

"WE'RE PLAYING A GAME I'M GOOD AT!" He yells.

"And what's that?" I ask. We make our way over to Whack-A-Mole. "Seriously?"

"Watch and learn." He pats my head and puts the money in the machine. 

I end up beating him at that too.

When we're done playing we both walk to the car, hand in hand. "Want to come to my place to play video games or something?" He asks.

"Sure. I'll beat you at them too." I say. He shakes his head as he opens the car door for me.

We get to his house to find that nobody is home. That should have been a red flag. I walk in behind him as he turns all the lights on and we make our way to his room. He kept his promise, and we played a few rounds of Guitar Hero. The next thing I know I find myself kissing him.

"W-What are you doing?" I ask breathlessly, pulling away from the kiss.

"You'll see." He says in a low voice, leaning me back on the bed.

I don't really realize what's happening until he reaches under my sweater to take it off.

Lizzy (The third book in the 12 and Adopted Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara