Chapter 13

Sam's POV

I wake up in a pool of sweat. I can tell by the smell that I'm in a hospital. Still.

It has been 3 days since I got in a fight with Dan and nobody has been coming to visit me. I made friends with one of the surgical interns. Her name is Meredith and she's really nice. She tells me about her boy problems to get my mind off of everything.

There's also a nurse here. One who looks a lot like me and Phil. She has ginger hair and blue eyes. Her face shape is almost exactly like our mother's. Meredith told me her name was Fiona Yates. She's married and we don't know her maiden name. I believe that she's the one who helped me with my pregnancies that Phil got so freaked out about.

I did get a call from Lizzy yesterday. She told me that Dan has been looking for 2 story houses and that he keeps saying he is going to change this for us. She also said that Mia is taking all the blame and saying that because she is pregnant all the stress is put on us, and that she is thinking of giving the kid up for adoption.

I'm doing a thing where I'm taking all my negativity and throwing it out of my life right now. I just want Dan here with me. I want him to hold me in his arms and tell me that it will be okay, like we did when I was a teenager, because it will be okay. We have been through this before. 

"Sam?" I look in the doorway and see my brother leaning against the doorway. I weakly smile as I watch him walk over and sit on the end of the bed. "Are you okay?"

"Sure." I say, making him chuckle. 

"Any pain?"

"No, I'm okay." I say.

"Dan has been stepping up. You should see him at the house. He's rushing around, taking care of the kids, looking for houses. I think he has finally realized that we can't continue living like this." 

"Yeah. It's just that ever since I was 12 we've lived together. It will be a hard thing to get used to." I say. It's silent.

"Well, you're having a 5th child." He smiles. 

"Jesus don't remind me." I say. "Is Mia going to give her kid up for adoption?" Phil nods.

"She had a really long talk with Dan last night and I think she has decided on getting rid of the baby." 

"That's good. She's taking responsibility." I say. There's another moment of silence. "I'm such a horrible mother. My 11 year old kid is pregnant because I was stupid enough to let my 13 year old kid get away." 

"Don't blame yourself Sam." He lays his hand on my shoulder. 

"I know it's just...My kids are so young, and so am I. We shouldn't be going through this kind of stress." I say.

"Well, when you get out of here you and Dan can move into your own house. Get your life together, let your kids go to public school, have your kid. Mia can find the perfect family for her kid. Be happy again."

"It's not that easy-"

"That's bull. You just have to believe that you can do this." Phil says. I smile and hug my brother.

"Mr. Lester?" I look behind me and see a nurse who looks a lot like Sam. "May I speak to you?"

Lizzy's POV

I walk into the office where my dad is listening to Drake while searching through something on the internet. "Hey." I say, sitting in an office chair. He quickly clicks on another link and turning to face me.

"Hey." He smiles. I look at him strangely.

"What was that?" I ask, laughing.

"I'm turning our life around." He says.

"What?"

"I enrolled you guys into a public school which starts next month." I freeze.

"Really?" I ask.

"After we move into our new house that's just a few miles away from this place." He says.

"Oh my god dad!" I yell, jumping up and hugging him. "Now you just have to make up with mum."

"Yeah, I'm working on that." I pull away from the hug and smile at him.

"Jesus, you're so grown Liz." He says, hugging me again.

"Dan." I hear Phil's voice from the doorway. I pull away from the hug and see him with a serious look on his face. I look at my dad who nods at me, meaning to leave the room.

Phil's POV

I sit in the chair Lizzy was in before and face my friend who I've known for so long. "Dan." I take a deep breath.

"What is it?" He ask.

"I um..." I look at my hands and sort of chuckle. "I have another sister."

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't written in a while but I've been going through a lot. I say that a lot, lmao.