76.

Walking through the senate building I carried my secrets and confusion on my back. I ran to my speeder but on the way I was met with an old friend.

As I looked out over the edge, I saw a small kid running through the market place, tan skin and brown hair who walked past. It was only for a brief moment but I wanted so badly to go hug him. My new motherly instincts wanted to go hug him and bring him home. But he didn't want to come home. It wasn't a home to him like it also was no longer a home to me.

"(Y/N)! It's been too long, how are you?" Padmé approached me and interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Padmé this really isn't the time." I rushed past her, I ran from my thoughts and the pain in my stomach growing.

"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" She walks with me, "You look awfully pale."

"Yes, I'm fine." I said, gruffly.

"You don't look it. What's wrong?" She asked me, holding my arm, "Hey, let me help you."

"You can't!" I whisper shouted. With my anger I noticed a wet liquid seeping down my leg. I looked down and Padmé followed my eye line.

"(Y/N)... Is that.." She trailed off.

"It's not pee." I quickly said. She then stared at my belly.

"Oh my god.." She made the connection to my growing belly and the fluid that began seeping through my pants. Im assuming people just thought I was getting fat until now, I guess. I'm surprised no one in the council has brought it up. The fluid release felt relieving, but panic swept in me anyways.

"We need to get you to the medical bay." She quickly took over control from her shock.

"No! No, I can't have this baby here. I still have information I'm carrying, I haven't warned anyone." I told her. Really, this was the worst time to be in labor.

"You're in labor you can't just opt out of it?" She said, beginning to drag me as the pain was over taking my body.

I only nodded now, breathing heavy as it began feeling like someone was stabbing and twisting repeatedly in my abdomen.

"Who do you need me to get?" She asked once she finally got me to the medical bay.

"A-Anakin." I breathed out. A medical droid carried me into a private room, he injected an epidural into my back to relief me of the excruciating pain.

"He's the father?" She asked, realizing as she said it.

"Ye-Yes." I squeezed her hand tight as I felt myself regain some strength to open my eyes. I felt the numbness of my legs settle in.

"I'll go get him." She said, sadly.

"He might not be there. And if he's not just come straight back. I cannot allow for anyone else to find out without me telling them." I said.

Then she left and I was there, watching the slow drips of the catheter. The medical droid told me I was already 4-5 centimeters dilated, that would explain the pain I was feeling today.

You already know the choice you need to make...

I heard the eery voice in my head. I wanted to bang my head on a table or something just to get it out.

You must choose quickly.

I felt my heart race quickly. I was alone, and in labor with children I weren't sure were going to make it. I didn't have my husband at my side, I didn't have my padawan, I didn't have my Master, I didn't have my good friend. It felt like hours that I sat there. I tried reaching out through the force. Tugging on the faint feeling of Anakin, he was still on Coruscant. I focused on his presence as it drew nearer.