08.

Waking up was surprisingly peaceful. For a moment I looked out my giant window to the people who zoomed past on their way to who knows where.

When I became aware of another's breathing it startled me and slowly I turned to my other side. Anakin laid there on the bottom of my bed, asleep. I forgot he came in last night. After about an hour after he left he came back and we talked for a few more hours with me laying down on my pillow and he laying near my feet, like an L shape.

We talked about mindless things, deep things, things that mattered, things that didn't, our favorite and least favorite things, stories of past missions, our hopes and fears of the future. With everything he told me I couldn't help but feel more drawn to him. Even though some things he said made me want to scream, like some of his views I didn't agree with. Or some crazy ideas he had. Or some comment he made. But nothing huge enough. Always we managed to laugh it off. He always knew the way to do that.

I was surprised someone hadn't come to wake us up. This probably wouldn't look good to anyone who walked in so I was thankful. I didn't want to wake him, but I allowed myself the pleasure of watching him sleep for a few minutes. He slept peacefully, his breathing slow and I could feel that there was no trace of a nightmare in him. I watched his chest move slowly until I was able to gently fall back to sleep. His presence being so calming.

I woke up a second time later in the day and Anakin wasn't there. It felt so empty with him gone. I sat up and began to get dressed in my robes. I thought about my first real day of Jedi training. What if Anakin hadn't reached out to me that day? What if he wasn't the only nice kid I had met for months? Would my soul still have this attraction to him? Would I only see him as another Padawan as I do all the others?

I pushed these thoughts out of my head as they were replaced with thoughts of Padmé's fate, the one Anakin truly loves. I remind myself I am only a good distraction at best.

I wanted to know how long until she woke, when would she return and I could go on protecting her. Doing the mission I was assigned. At the same time I was scared. Scared the answer would be she may never wake up. Either way I stood no chance at the value held in his heart for her

After getting ready I walked out of my room to go to the living area. Obi-Wan and Anakin were already there, having a private discussion. I stood behind a wall in the hallway where I could still hear them slightly.

"I saw you Anakin." Obi-Wan said.

"Where?" Anakin asked.

"You went into that room." Obi-Wan told, oh how I wish I could see the facial expressions.

"What room?" His voice sounded so innocent.

"You know what room Anakin, lying will not help you in this matter. Please tell me what's been going on." Obi-Wan pleads him, I wanted to walk out and save him from the awkwardness but I wanted to know what he'd say.

"It's the nightmares, Obi-Wan. They're too much to handle sometimes. I couldn't sleep all last night with all that happened to Padmé and the nightmares looming. I'd much rather be dreaming of her than having these awful dreams, last night I did too." Anakin explains. "If anything at least I wish my dreams would be helpful like tell me if Padmé will die or not."

"Anakin, I understand your frustration. But you must calm down. Going into that room is not your territory and over stepping your boundaries as a Jedi, I know how you feel about her you don't have to tell me. But you mustn't let it get in the way of your missions. You've sworn your life to the Jedi Order, and the work of a Jedi is not about you, it's about everyone else, attachments get in the way of that often." Obi-Wan advises. Suddenly I come to the realization that maybe he wasn't talking about me. He could've gone into Padmé's room at the end of the hall when he wasn't with me that hour or so. Perhaps he visited her and this isn't about me? No, no I cannot get my hopes up that he seeks comfort in me as more than just friend.

"I'll try, Master." Anakin sighs. I take a moment before I walk in and interrupt them. Acting as though I didn't hear anything.

"Good Morning." I offer to both.

"Good Morning, (Y/N)." Obi-Wan smiles, "I'm glad you're awake. We all need to go meet with the council." Obi-Wan starts for the door.

"Like right now?" I ask,

"Yes, as soon as possible. I'm sure they'll be happy to see you. I believe its been a long time since you've actually met with them." Obi-Wan says on our way to the speeder.

"Yes, a little over 6 months I believe. Since Master Unduli passed." I say. My heart still aching from the guilt and grief from losing Master Unduli.

"I'm sure they will apologize for not checking in with you more, (Y/N)." Obi-Wan starts up the speeder with him, Anakin, and I. I sat between them. Anakin said nothing to me.

Once we enter the councils chambers my heart is thumping. I can't explain why I'm so nervous. Only hoping that they didn't really forget about me. That they still see me as a good Jedi.

"Good to see you all again." Master Windu smiles, "My, (Y/N), you have grown so much since I last taught you."

"Thank you, Master Windu." I smile. "With your teachings it was not hard to." We all bow to the council.

"That was mainly Master Unduli, may she rest in peace. I see Obi-Wan has brought you all here. We've received the word that Senator Amidala is in a coma?" Master Windu confirms,

"Yes she's been in a coma since last night, Master. We do believe she will come out of it alive." I tell.

"Good, but we shall keep that a secret. We shall spread that the Senator is dead for now. It may be a good idea in order to keep any other threats to her life." Master Windu suggests, the rest of the council seems to nod in agreement.

"Secrets, we must keep." Yoda adds.

"Agreed." Obi-Wan nods.

"But that is not the reason we bring you here." Master Windu says,

"Great danger, I sense ahead." Yoda says. "Track down this bounty hunter, you must, Obi-Wan."

"You must find out who she was working for and who made the order to assonate the Senator." Master Windu adds.

"We will do all we can." Anakin responds.

"I'm afraid you cannot go, Anakin. If this bounty hunter is looking for people of use to them, you could be a possible next target if they believe you to be the Chosen One." Windu tells him calmly, predicting the outcome.

"If they have a target on my back then I shall jusr fight my way out of it then. Surely both Obi-Wan and I can take a bounty hunter, easy." Anakin defends.

"This is nothing personal to your abilities. We cannot afford any mishaps in this mission, Anakin. Going there will be walking into a snake pit. We must take every precaution necessary. You will be sent on a different mission." Windu informs him.

"A mission?"

"You will be making sure the Senators body is transported back to Naboo. There they will hold a ceremony to make everyone, especially the Bounty Hunters, believe she is dead." Windu watches for his reaction as Anakin relaxes himself from attack mode to acceptance.

"I will do as you wish, I apologize for my outburst." Anakins shoulder slump in embarrassment.

"(Y/N), you shall go with Anakin to help protect both the queen and Anakin if necessary." Windu explains to me. I nod my head, knowing already I'm going on a death mission.

"Yes, Master." I say, hoping I will hear of my new master.

"Until this killer is caught, our judgement you must trust, young Skywalker." Yoda dismisses us.

Anakin nods. But I can feel his frustration. Why is he frustrated I'm the one that has to die for him if need be? His frustration radiates off him as we walk out of the councils chambers, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels it.