01.

I remember my first day in the temple. Coming to stay with the other children who were further advanced than I, I started my training later than normal. I believe I was 7 or almost 8.

I didn't have a lot of friends then. I began to get picked on because of how I was a late bloomer in my connection, it bothered me at first but after a while I didn't care. It slowly stopped as the others grew up and realized I was more than capable of catching up to them.

That first day was the scariest moment of my life. I was terrified of this world being introduced to me. The force I thought was a myth until I felt it running through my veins.

There was only one person that settled my nerves that day. I was waiting for my first class with Master Windu, and I was lucky enough to sit next to the young boy, Anakin Skywalker. I remember him smiling at me.

"You're new?" He questioned. This question inadvertently caused others to ask and take notice that I was indeed new to training. "You don't look familiar?"

"Yes, I am." I told him, I was so embarrassed. "But just because I'm late doesn't mean I'm not just as capable as everyone else."

"I know, I'm 10 and I only started last year. There's nothing wrong with it." He told me. It calmed my nerves a little to know someone else had gone through that feeling of insecurity. "I'm sure one day you'll be a great Jedi."

As for life before that I only remember images. I've blocked out most of it all to focus on the future. A flash of my fathers face or my mothers hair. I wonder what staying in that good part of that life might have entailed. Maybe I wouldn't be lying here tonight awake from unsettling dreams.

My dreams had been increasingly stranger. Never have they been full stories, but images and feelings. No two have been exactly alike so I've always dismissed them. But every time the feelings that came with them stayed. For someone who always pushed away every feeling, this was tough to handle.

I stayed in bed that morning as long as I could. Knees to my chest watching the sun rise from the wide window to the right of my bed.

By now I am a true Padawan learner. I've been taught so much yet I always know there is always going to be more for myself to learn. After so many years, I've been building my Jedi reputation. Its very rare that a female or daughter is blessed with the Jedi gene. Or if she does for one to be strong enough with the Force to be able to train to use it.

For years, I was always looked at as fragile and weak. But after the last 7 years of being on nonstop missions, learning and being passed from Master to Master I feel as though I am no longer seen as "the weak girl."

Today is the day I reunite myself with Anakin Skywalker. The one labeled as the Chosen One. He's been off and on missions since less than a week after I met him. It will be weird to see him again, surely. It will be most awkward because I've thought of him every day for his kind words to me and I know I will need to reintroduce myself to him today.

Jar Jar Binks excruciating voice knocks at the door. Already I hate mornings, having to be woken up abruptly like this makes my head ache.

"(y/n)! Itsa time to get ready for the meeting with Senator and the other Jedi!" He yells as if the door is sounproof.

"Okay, I'll be there soon." I tell him to get him to go away. I stay put for another 10 or so minutes before brushing and braiding my hair back. Then I slip into my Jedi uniform, clipping my lightsaber to my belt and walk out to find the Senator.