64.

I happily walked myself to have a meeting with the Chancellor. I came to the doors of his office and then as I was about to check in with his personal ass-kissers the door opened.

"Ah! (Y/N)! I'm so sorry, but I've been called to a ceremony on Naboo. Unless you're here to escort me?" He greeted me.

"Oh, no I'm afraid that the council has not assigned me to be your escort." I shrugged.

"Oh dear, then you must at least walk with me." He motioned for me to follow him. I did do so.

"I hope you're doing a more important job which is why they haven't assigned you to this task?" He suggests.

"What would be more important the protecting The Grand Chancellor?" I laughed, "No, I'm afraid after 5 weeks of non stop missions I have a bit of time just to give to my Padawan before I have any missions." I said.

"The Jedi council gives Generals like yourself time off?" He rose an eyebrow and I frowned, "You're okay with this?"

"I'm sure Commander Gree can handle the fleet just fine without me for a few days. And he can always send a transmission to me." I told him, "I've requested to get daily reports from them as well, if I do happen to be needed I'll be ready." I explain.

"Well don't you think your just a little overqualified to not be given anything?" He said, "Surely a Jedi of your skill and military ability should be given the most important missions. Even Admiral Tarkin has respect for you, and respect of that man to a Jedi is hard earned." He compliments.

"Thank you, Chancellor. I must admit at times I wish they'd give me the kind of missions that Anakin receives, but I think I should enjoy this time while I'm home." I tell him.

"Perhaps. I am only merely pointing out that it's a pity that the council doesn't see the potential that I know the entire Republic sees in you." He pats my shoulder as we reach his ship.

"Thank you, Chancellor. Enjoy your trip." I nod in respect.

I didn't like what he said about the council. Could it be true they were depriving me of missions? Surely I had thought of it before, especially when I was on my quest for knighthood. But I realize now that was a dance with the dark side of how I was acting. I couldn't continue that line of thought. Even if I am starting to notice the corruptness of the Jedi code, I still belonged as a servant to the light. I knew the Republic was my best place to stay.

~

I found Caleb in the training room. I couldn't help admiring how much he's grown from when we first started. I was proud of my apprentice.

When he slashed his last droid of level 4 I began clapping.

"Excellent job, Caleb." I smiled.

"Thank you, Master." He smiled back, "Ahsoka showed me a few things this morning, I was only trying them out."

"That's nice of her. Do you know where she is now? I thought I heard that they were supposed to be stationed on Kellar for a while." I asked.

"They were, but the council called them back, so now she and Master Skywalker are doing an investigation on the bombing that happened at the Jedi temple a few days ago." He told me.

"Oh, well good for them." I smiled down at him. I had a pang of jealousy. Why did they have to call him back? Why couldn't they have just asked us?

"I wonder why we don't get missions like they do." He sat down against the wall of the room. He really missed action.

"I'm sure it has nothing to do with us." I said.

"I just want reasons." He slumped his head. "It just seems unfair why Jedi like Ahsoka and Master Skywalker get missions daily and we don't."

"You mustn't question the councils decisions." I said.

"I'm not questioning their decisions. I'm only questioning how they made them." Caleb pointed out. "Plus, I don't even know why we can't question they're decisions? Why can't we?"

For a moment I froze. I didn't know an answer to that question. I never knew why we shouldn't question the council. Caleb had just taught me something. Before when I first met him he said that Master Yoda said I was very good at answering questions. With which I responded with 'as long as they're the right questions.' This question he just asked me was the right question, but one I never had an answer to.

As Jedi we are taught from an early age not to question the Jedi Council. But why shouldn't we? If their decisions aren't good ones why shouldn't we question them? But of course this was not a very wise question to ask. Everyone here was taught that way. If you're seen questioning the Order, you'll be seen as dancing with the idea of the dark side.

"I see you've learned a skill while I was gone." I laughed, "Finding loopholes in things."

"No, I'm just good at asking questions." He sighed.

"Those who ask questions grow up to find answers." I told him.

"Is that how you have plenty of answers?" He asked me.

"I didn't just pull my answers out of nowhere. I first had to ask the question. I'm afraid Master Windu got sick of me at times." I laughed in remembrance of a time that I asked so many questions one day Master Windu had to leave the room.

"So, I learned that from you?" He teased.

"I didn't teach you to have a curious mind. Although I'm glad you do." I ruffled his hair.

"Speaking of learning, if you want to be put on more 'fun' missions, we should do some of that." I stood up again. "Come on, lets do some drills."

"But I've already been in here for 3 hours!" He complained.

"Well then you're going to be in here for 2 more, come on." I laughed.

He groaned but stood up anyway. I began teaching him Form V with his lightsaber. Soon I would train him in the Vaapad style, like my master trained me.

Caleb reminded me so much of myself at his age.