Chapter 8: Paris

Dedicated to Tanya who requested for this chapter to be dedicated to her even though she doesn't have a Wattpad account... :D

-----

Chapter 8: Paris

Jake and I stood in the middle of the airport terminal with our bags slung over our shoulders, looking around for our pilot.

"How does the pilot look like?" Jake piped up.

"I don't even know whether the pilot is a he or she," I muttered in annoyance. That was one trait about the agency that I detested with passion. They liked to leave these unnecessary details out just to give us a few 'surprises' here and there.

"Y'all have female pilots?" Jake asked, bewildered.

"Yes," I answered flatly. "Are you a sexist?"

Jake never had the chance to respond because in that moment, a crushing force from behind caused me to stumble forward but I still kept my balance. I whipped around quickly, ready to pounce on whoever that person was.

"Please don't kill me!" I was greeted by a familiar voice just as I was about to knock the daylights out of the person.

I looked up to find a familiar face staring down at me with a mischievous grin on his face. I flashed him a grin but punched him on the shoulder anyway.

"Thought I'd never see you again!" I threw my arms over my brother and embraced him. It had been almost a year since I'd last saw him.

"Still as aggressive as before, huh?" He chuckled as he ruffled my hair, messing it up.

"Don't lie, that punch wasn't painful at all."

"Yeah it wasn't, but you've improved quite a bit."

My brother, Vance, was like solid rock. He didn't feel any pain except when he was stabbed or shot, both of which have unfortunately happened before. Before Vance had decided to become a full-time pilot for the agency, he had been on missions just like me, except he dealt with things like terrorist attacks which were apparently 'too dangerous for women'. Anderson Parker was obviously a sexist pig, no wonder his grandson was one too.

"Are you bringing us to HQ?" I asked. The Agency didn't notify me on where we were going to either. How rude of them, but it was probably for security issues in case someone decided to hack into our communication lines.

"No, I'm heading back to my base in Paris and that's where I'm bringing you two."

"Oh, I see." I was hoping to get to HQ as soon as possible, but I guess France was a good start to moving towards HQ. It was certainly closer to HQ than Beijing was.

"Ahem." Jake coughed 'inconspicuously to get our attention.