Chapter 7: Shopping

Dedicated to EternalZephyr who is in the process of writing an undoubtedly amazing book named Science and Skittles! I love the book because I'm terrible at Chemistry as well, just like the character in the book x) well, hope she sees this and update soon!

--

Chapter 7: Shopping

"So... The agency called," I began. "They say that we'll be getting a flight out of the city tomorrow morning."

"Guess that means it's our last night here then," Jake responded.

Just like yesterday morning, I had woken up after eight hours of sleep while Jake slept through the alarm I set for him. Don't ask me why, but my body has this weird alarm clock function within my body that wakes me up after eight hours. On the other hand, Jake seems to magical powers that allow him to sleep through a thunderstorm.

"I... I..." Jake stammered. His cheeks held a faint tinge of pink.

"What?" I asked.

"Um... I..." He continued to stutter.

"Jeez, spit it out already!" I was not a person of patience.

"I need clean clothes," He finally said.

"Because...?" I asked, confused.

"I ran out of it because I packed too little."

I burst out laughing. "What? You grab a bunch of books when you ran but didn't think of bringing more clothes?"

"Stop bringing my books up okay?"

"Never." I replied, still in hysterics.

"C'mon. Let's just go, I need new underwear." He whined and that sent me into another fit of giggles.

--

"Right, undie boy, where do you want to start?"

Jake and I were standing in the middle of Beijing's version of Times Square, with colorful signboards flashing advertisements ranging from foot massage to wedding rings. I was clad in a pair of light blue jeans and a matching darker blue shirt. My hair was up in a ponytail to keep it from flying into my face all the time because of the strong winds. Jake had on a black shirt which I made sure to check that it had not been worn previously and black pants which I made sure to check as well. Also, he wore a leather jacket over his shirt. Rich arse.

"Really? Another nickname?" Jake rolled his eyes. "And it's worse than the last one too."

"It suits you."

"Pfft. Whatever." He scoffed. "I know you just say that because you just want to see me in my underwear."