Prologue: Newspaper Guy

Dedicated to Vivienne who introduced me to this awesome world of Wattpad :D

-----

Prologue: Newspaper Guy

Snatching up the rolled up newspaper on the floor outside my one room apartment, I slung the backpack that stood beside my door onto my shoulders and shut the door. Deftly flicking my fingers over the keypad beside the door, I programmed for the electricity and water to be cut as I knew I would be away for quite some time.

I know what you're thinking, and no, I am not poor. It's just that I don't spend much time at home anyway what with my job and all, so I really didn't see the point in having a big house. It's not like I can cook, all I need is a bed and a toilet. Oh, and a PS3, I get bored really easily. Besides, I pay not for the apartment but for the security this place provides. A safe haven from all the criminals who want me dead because I sent their brothers to jail. Well too bad, this place was even more heavily guarded than the White House.

I strode towards the lift lined with mirrors on all sides and hurried down the twenty-eight levels to the basement where the car park was located. Oh yeah, you bet I had a great view from my apartment.

I glanced at my digital wristwatch and quickened my pace. 6:35AM already? I was so going to be late. Well blame them for calling me just an hour ago. A girl needs her time to get ready.

Slipping into my Audi r8, I dumped my backpack in the backseat and tossed the newspaper onto the front seat. Whilst doing so, I caught a glimpse of the article on the headlines. It read "Hacker Wanted by the White House". However, the title wasn't the subject of my attention; it was the picture below it.

Piercingly blue eyes stared back at me through the newspaper behind his thick rimmed glasses. His facial complexion was free of any blemishes and I found myself thinking about how his hair would feel like while I ran my fingers through them. With pursed lips and furrowed brows, the man was caught on camera while entering a black car.

Snapping myself back into reality, I started up the car and braced myself for the typical traffic jam in the metropolitan of New York.

I never knew fugitives could be so stunning.

-----

Heyo! :)

Please comment (I love comments <3) to tell me if there are any mistakes in the chapter and I'll edit them, and I'll try to update soon! The next chapter will be much longer :)

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,

me <3

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!

Share!