Chapter 6: Night In The Hotel

Dedicated to kirsty1000 :) She probably won't see this but she's probably my favorite author of all time on Wattpad so... Thanks for writing such awesome stuff? :D

-----

Chapter 6: Night In The Hotel

Sporting a pair of grey cotton shorts and a black tank top, I stood in front of the counter, trying to figure out where I could hide my knife. Jake, on the other hand, was dying of boredom in his loose white tee and blue shorts.

"Can't you just not bring anything?" He groaned. "I thought you were a ninja, pirate and serial killer all in one?"

"How am I supposed to be a pirate without a gun and a serial killer without a knife?" I asked. "What do you think they kill people with? Their fingernails? Not everyone can shoot their fingernails at people like that one lady in that Jackie Chan movie okay."

"Ugh whatever. Can't you just stuff it in your shorts or something?"

"And stab my beautiful gluteus maximus with every step I take? No thanks."

"My butt's nicer than yours." He commented.

"Yep and the sky is falling."

"Really? The sky is falling? Be more original with your comebacks, man."

"Firstly, I'm not a man, and secondly, who's the one carrying Pride and Prejudice around while running away from the government?"

"Well no one else has done it, so I'd say I'm pretty original."

"Keep believing, young man." I said while deciding to throw my butterfly knife into my purse.

"Why do you have to bring all those things everywhere anyway?"

"You know." I started casually. "In case someone wants to stab you in the lungs, gauge your eyeballs out or blow your brains out."

Jake's eyes widened at my words and his face paled while I just chuckled at his reaction.

--

The fully air-conditioned gym was quite empty. Most people were relaxing in the indoor jacuzzi pools that was connected to the gym. I'd actually never been to a gym at one of Mr. Parkson's hotels before because every time I was on a case, most clients just liked to stay in the hotel room and sleep or they were too afraid to even step out of their hotel rooms, and so I had to accompany those boring humanoids in their stuffy rooms. Jake, on the other hand, being the youngest client I'd ever worked with, was overly restless and bored a hundred percent of the time. Plus the fact that he was a rich brat too.

"So... What would you like to start with?" I asked as Jake continued to admire his surroundings like it was his first time in a gym. I, too, was examining the environment, but for a totally different reason. Every time I stepped into a new environment, I would have to figure out every possible escape route and memorise it. Paranoid, I know, but it's what I'm paid for.

"Err..." Jake seemed to hesitate at my question. He looked around the room and said the first thing that came to sight. "Weights?" He suggested.

"Wha-What?" I laughed, almost tearing up. "You want to do weights first?"

"Y... Yeah? What's wrong?"

"Jake, have you never been to a gym before?" I took on a terribly sarcastic tone. I know I was being a horrible person, but the situation was too precious to let go of.

"M... Maybe." He finally stammered out, his face burning red.

Oh god, this was too funny. "Have you ever exercised before?"