🚒1🚒

Blake

Fire was dangerous, deadly. Fires were unpredictable, causing them to be fatal to many. Firefighters put their lives out on the line every single day, running into burning building, saving as many lives as possible. Even if that cost them their own.

I stared at the building in front of me, flames engulfing the bottom half. Glancing over at Severide, he nodded his head at me. Giving each other our secret handshake. Grabbing my oxygen tank and mask, we made our way towards the building.

Bending down, I made eye contact with Kidd. Sending a nod towards one another, we geared up. Touching Severide's shoulder, we headed inside.

Making our way up the stairs, we searched through the rooms. "Chicago Fire Department Call Out!". Our yells becoming unanswered as we continued our journey.

A loud sound started to catch my attention, looking around the room, part of the ceiling started to collapse. "Severide watch out!"

Pushing him as hard as I could, I got him out of the way. Jumping backwards, I hit the ground with a thud. Covering my head as the ceiling collapsed. Debris filled the air, and so did Severide's screams. "Blake! You ok"

Sitting up, I saw the roof was blocking Severide and I. "I'm ok". Roaring fire filled the room around me, flames licking up the walls. Pressing down on the walkie, I stared at the rubble in my way. "Severide you need you to get out of here. I don't have a way out"

"I'm not leaving you". Taking a shaky breath, more of the ceiling started to fall. Diving down towards the floor, I covered my head. A blaring sound caught my attention. Grabbing my oxygen meter, I sighed in defeat noticing I didn't have much air left.

"I'm running out of air, and this building is about to collapse. Get out of here Kelly, it isn't safe".

My oxygen alert starting going haywire, throwing off my mask, I started coughing. Standing up slowly, covering my face from the raging flames, I was able to look through the open ceiling and towards the sky.

Fire truck gears echoed up the building and to my ears. "Hold on Blake, we are getting you out of there". I was about to roll my eyes, when I saw Squad's ladder above me. A small laugh escaping my lips when I saw Kelly at the top of the ladder. Throwing down a rope, I quickly wrapped it around me.

Feeling the rope being pulled up, I stared at Kelly. Once I was high enough, his arms wrapped around me, pulling me into the ladder. Feeling the ladder started to lower, the two us made our way down.

The moment the two of us were on the ground, I buried my head into Severide's shoulder. "I'm ok bro".

Kelly Severide and I were siblings, not biological but legally. I was adopted by his dad Benny, after my own parents died. The moment Kelly and I met, we became inseparable. He would do everything in his power to keep me safe. Fight off bullies, scare of the boys that weren't good enough. He became my best friend.

Finally separating from one another, I was tackled into more hugs, my laughs filling the air. Helping but gear away, I looked at my oxygen tank. Sighing ever so slightly, I placed back in the rig.

A high-five was exchanged between Stella and I. Winking at the girl, I motioned my head towards my brother. Playfully smacking me in the arm, I swiftly got away from her hands. Hopping into Squad's truck, I leaned me head back on the seat.

As the others got inside the rig, we pulled away from the scene. A sense of someone staring at me caused me to turn my attention outside. Directing my eyes over the scene, I couldn't find anything or anyone suspicious.