🚒9🚒

Blake

To say I was nervous was an understatement. All week I have wanted this day to come so quickly, but now that it is here, I am scared. I have been on my fair share of dates but they always ended up terrible, or brought terrible people into my life.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror, I started doing my makeup. Enough for me to cover the dark circles under my eyes, as well as for me to feel good enough. Curling my hair, and burning myself less than 2 times, my anxiety was starting spike.

Pacing around my bedroom, my hair and face all dolled up, I quickly grabbed my phone, FaceTiming Stella. Although she doesn't listen to my love advice, she is always able to calm me down.

As if knowing what the situation was, she stayed on the phone with me as I was picking outfits. Putting the shirt in my hand down, I looked at her. "I'm so nervous Stells. What if doesn't like me, what if I try to hard. I can't go through some horrible relationship again..". Only her calming murmurs came through the phone.

I watched as the camera was taken out of her hand, and into the hands of my brother. Shock became quite evident, as I looked between the two of them. Hmm, maybe one of the two actually took my advice. "Blake listen to me, I know you are nervous but there is nothing to be nervous about. Jay is a good guy, and the connection you have with him is so clear. Just be yourself sis, and if you really need me, text me and I will be there"

Sending the two a grateful smile, he hung up. Getting enough courage I threw in the black off the shoulder top, and medium wash skinny jeans with rips at the knees. Strapping the black heels around my ankles, I heard a knock on my apartment door.

Breathing softly, I placed my phone in my little purse, and made my way towards the door. Opening it, a bright smile appeared as I saw Jay standing there with flowers in his hands. "Wow"

Blushing, I took the beautiful bouquet out of his hands, allowing him into the apartment. Quickly placing the gorgeous flowers in a vase, I grabbed my jacket. "I could say the same to you".

A small blush appeared on his cheeks as he held out his hand for me to take. Softly placing it in his, he intertwined our hands. Shutting the door behind me, and locking it, the two of us walked to his car. "It was really sweet with what you guys did for me."

At first the devilishly handsome detective looked genuinely confused, until I motioned to the suv. "Everyone wanted to. You are one of the sweetest people I have ever met, you deserved it"

Being a gentleman and helping me into his truck, he shut the door before getting in on the drivers side. Driving away from the apartment complex, he started talking about his current case, which involved the building filled with gas and a shooter. "So this guy you have doesn't seem very smart. He could have blown himself up if he was in the room with higher gas levels"

A side glance was given and a smirk followed. "I already know that firecracker. But I was genuinely concerned after hearing that you were the one being shot at". Lightly laying my hand on top of his, I traced a small pattern on the back of it.

Butterflies started to flutter in my stomach, and a reassuring smile painted on my face. "It's apart of the job, you more so than I". His chuckles filling the car as we pulled to a stop at a red light. Glancing at me, he squeezed my hand.

"Let's just try to keep the injuries to a minimum". Nodding my head in agreement, we continued to make small talk as we made our way to the restaurant that Jay won't tell me. Apparently he wants to surprise me. No matter how much I bothered him throughout the entire week, he never broke. That's the inner soldier and detective in him.

Parking the car down the street from where we were going, he gave me a cheesy smile. I was about to open my door, but he playfully smacked it away from the door. Quickly hopping out of the car, he came to my side, opening the door. Chuckling softly, a rosy color painting my cheeks.

Holding my hand, he helped me out of the truck, shutting the door behind me. A comfortable silence fell between the two of us as we walked down the street, hand in hand. Occasionally we would look at each other, before quickly turning away to hide the blushes.

Stopping in front of the restaurant, I was a taken back slightly. Staring at the childhood diner Benny used to take Kelly and I to. I quickly spun on my heel to look at the blue-green eyed man beside me. Without even thinking, I kissed his cheek, beaming. "Jay this is so sweet"

With a look of adoration and proudness in his eyes, interlocked our fingers, leading us inside the diner. Staring up at the boy as we waited, I looked at him with admiration. "How did you even know about this place".

Chuckling softly, I noticed he started rubbing the back of his head with a small smile. "I may have asked your brother for some ideas". Grinning at the boy, I stepped on my tip toes to place another kiss on his cheeks.

"It doesn't take much to impress me Mr. Halstead. Especially when that person is you."

The feeling between the two of us ignited the longer we stared at each other. Jay Halstead makes me feel alive, and I catch feelings the longer I am with him. The former army ranger has me hooked onto him, and I never wanted to leave.

————

The whole night was indescribable . A night full of laughter, and a sense of comfort surrounded us. We didn't care about our jobs at that moment, we didn't care about what could happen. We simply just wanted to be with each other, live a happy moment.

Escorting me back to my apartment, his strong hands stayed in mine. As we stopped by my front door, I faced him fully. "I really had fun tonight Jay".
A beaming smile and dazzling eyes, I stared into his mesmerizing orbs. Ones I would gladly get lost in.

Wrapping his arm around my waist, he pulled me closer to him. Having to look up at the several inch taller boy, he too had a ridiculously happy look on his face as well. It was like we were both high schoolers, confessing there feelings towards one another.

Leaning down, he placed a delicate kiss on my cheek, leaving it there for a few seconds. A rush if heat exploded on my face. As we separated, he squeezed my hand once more. Unlocking my apartment, I leaned on the door frame. "Good night my little Fire Pop"

Laughing softly, I waved him off. "Goodnight Ice Pop. Text me when you get home please". Sending an affirmative nod, he walked away. Closing the door behind me, a warm feeling of love washed through my body. Not able to stop smiling like an idiot, I made my way towards my bedroom.

Wiping off my make up and changing into comfy clothes, I stayed awake until I knew Jay was home safe.

Author Note
This story is my baby. It has been so fun to rewrite their love story and actually go deeper. Jay and Blake will always hold a special place in my heart, the way they interacted in the original version was always my favorite. Now that I finally am editing, I'm so excited to go into so much detail and rewrite their whole love story.

I also love that I actually changed it to where Blake and Kelly were actually siblings. That way I can really show that sibling love and protectiveness they have over one another. Jay going to Kelly and asking for advice and ideas, is his way of showing that he genuinely cares and wants to impress her. This is the first time Kelly has ever approved of a guy, he can see that they have a real connection and wants them to work.

Pictures