🚒13🚒

Blake

Closing the door behind me, I almost started laughing as I stared at banner hanging outside of the firehouse. All of 51 was outside cheering as I walked up the driveways. Smiling brightly, I eventually started laughing as I stared at banner. Welcome back Firecracker

"I missed you guys". Once I was close enough, the girls tackled me into a hug. Sylvie on my back, Stella on my right and Emily on my left. Laughter being prominent in the air, the atmosphere emitting happiness. Camera's clicking caught our attention, turning towards the sound, we all started posing for the flash photo shoot.

Pulling away from the girls, I was thrown into more his from the rest of the boys. Jumping on my brother's back, he carried me into the common room as the others followed us. "How's Jay doing"

Frowning slightly thinking about my boy laying in the hospital alone, I exhaled softly. "He will recover but he hates hospitals so he is probably trying to find a way to escape"

"Sounds like you". Chuckling slightly I was dropped on the couch.

"I wasn't that bad". He sent me a look of disbelief before walking away. Shaking my head, I got off the couch to sit next to the girls. I sat there not doing anything, waiting for a certain somebody to speak up.

I was listening to Emily and Sylvie talking about some of their calls when Stella finally broke. "God, I can't keep anything from you. I asked out Kelly". Biting my lip, I flicked my eyes towards the dark haired girl.

"I know. Kelly told me yesterday". The girl besides me groaned while Sylvie and Emily tried not cause a whole scene. Grabbing the girl's hand, she glanced at me. "It took you long enough. Besides.." stopping slightly I turned my attention on Sylvie "someone needs to follow that example and ask her own man out"

Throwing her hands up in surrender the dispatch went off, saving her and Foster from further interrogation. Glancing down at my phone, Hailey was sending me updates of Jay for me, knowing I would want to know how he was doing.

After a little while the bell rang out, causing a big smile to spread across my face. Doing our secrets handshake, Stella and I jogged out of the common room with the rest of 51.

Slipping on the turn out gear, I hopped into the truck, receiving a fist bump from my brother. "You ready for this sis". My eyes lit up at the idea of finally doing the job I love.

"Always".

Feeling the truck roll to a stop, I jumped out following my brother over to where Casey was standing with Boden. "Witness say we got several people stuck inside. Truck I need you the top floors, Squad I need you on the ground floor and basement."

Giving him an affirmative nod, we grabbed our tanks and mask. "Cruz, Blake I want you in the basement, sweep for victims and try to find the source. Capp you're with me, searching the ground level."

Touching foreheads with Kelly, we sent each other a look before sliding on our masks. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I entered the building. Clicking my flashlight on, I started leading Cruz down the stairs into the basement.

Leaning against the wall, I sent him a curt look to open the door separating us from the stairwell to the basement. Turning the handle, flames licked upon the walls, causing us to duck down. "Cruz you go right, I'll go left. Call out if you need help"

Doing our handshake, we went our ways. Keeping myself low, I kept my head on a swivel wanting to make sure I could find people be get out if something was about to go sideways.

"Chicago Fire Department Call Out" my voice yelled out, but I think the roaring fire was drowning it out. Clearing out the left side of the basement, I made my way towards the middle, where I heard Cruz Yelp my name.

Carefully making my way over, I saw a man trapped underneath one of the racks. Looking around the area, I spotted a bar that we could use to prop the thing up. Swiping it up, I placed it underneath part of the rack where I could use leverage to lift it. "On 3"

Counting with my fingers, I stepped on the bar watching the rack lift up enough for Cruz to get the person out. As we did a loud snap caught our attention. "We got to get out. It's about to go".

Helping the man with out victim, we cautiously but vastly made our way back upstairs just in time for something to fall from the ceiling. Sending a look towards one another, a look of relief on our features.

Stepping out of the building, a small gust of wind pushed us forwards slightly, a sign of something collapsing. Helping lift the man onto the gurney, I took off my mask, breathing out in belief.

Fist bumping Cruz, I started to help him pack up some of the gear that we needed on the call. As I put my tank back into its spot, hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a backwards hug.

Laughing slightly, my brother placed a kiss on the top of my head. "Her first call back and she didn't get injured.". Playfully smacking his arm he released me, only for me to spin around and wrap my arms around his torso.

"It's your turn next big brother". Ruffling my hair, we all got into the trucks. Tapping the side. We pulled away from the scene.

A few calls later it was the end of shift and multiple text from Hailey saying Jay tried to escape the hospital several times, I quickly changed out. Throwing on a quick pair of athletic pants, T-shirt and sneakers, left the firehouse. Of course not before kissing my brother's cheek goodbye.

Walking through the hospital, I made my way to Jay's room where I saw him looking quite suspicious. "Ice-Pop you better not be trying to escape". Raising my eyebrows at the former soldier, he leaned back in the hospital bed looking like a child who just got caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"Let me guess Hailey has been texting you". Shuffling to his side, I grabbed his hand before placing a quick kiss to his lips.

"On my accord. I wanted to make sure I didn't have to worry about you trying to escape the hospital. Which apparently you tried but your brother and Hailey caught you"

Sighing, the man relaxed at my touch as I ran my fingers through his hair. "I hate hospitals"

"I know Ice-Pop but you will be released in a day or two. You just got shot and had a major surgery. They want to make sure you won't have to go into surgery again". Instantly thinking about my experience, I looked down quickly, only for his hand to touch my cheek.

"I will try not to escape tomorrow if you stay with me for the rest of the night". Acting like I was thinking about it, the boy playful smack my arm. Laughing out, I stopped his abuse by kissing him passionately.

"I was going to stay anyway, now move over"

Curled into his side, the two of us laid on his bed talking about nonsense really. Our hands were entertained, and my head was on his shoulder while his head was leaning on mine.

What Jay and I didn't know was Kelly walked by to check on one of the victims we saved today. The second he spotted us, a smile appeared on his face. He was happy to see his little sister finally happy, and he would do anything to keep that smile on my face. Quickly taking a picture, he walked away without a second trace.