🚒22🚒

Blake

"Drop the spoon Cruz". Was all I said as I continued to write some reports, not even looking up from the papers. With the pen flying across the pages, I heard the chairs around me pull away from the table as people sat in them. Already knowing what was about to happen, I put the pen down, and closed the folder.

When I finally lifted my head, Cruz, Kidd, Brett, Evert, Gallo and Ritter had filled the seats around me. Playing cards laid littered on the table as well as spoons. Quickly figuring out what the arguing counseling session wound be about, I leaned back in the chair allowing two representatives to state their side of things. I wasn't exactly in the mood to deal with a screaming match at 10 in the morning.

Since my brother has been out of the firehouse, I have graciously stepped up to take his place. It wasn't easy but I did get the handle on things quickly since I knew how Kelly handled things like the back of my hand. Only now there were some things that have happened, I have apparently turned into the therapist/mediator to all of the problems that occurred. This side job mostly consisted of two sides arguing about what is better and who is correct. For those who aren't involved well they would just turn their attention to the "Firehouse Court" as Mouch would call it, and watch. To them it was better than some things on TV, and we deserved our own reality show. Casey, Boden and I quickly crushed that dream.

Presently, the 6 people were playing a game called SPOONS and well they were arguing about the rules and such. Some believe that someone cheated, while others were trying to prove they weren't. It was quite childish but to say the least it was entertaining on how invested they were to figure out who was right. The only reason I told Cruz to put the spoon down was because he was trying to threaten Sylvie with it..... which wouldn't have worked well anyway.

"I...." but I was cut short by the alarm ringing out. Dropping everything and sprinting out to the trucks, I slipped into the turnout gear with grace before hopping into the passenger seat. Rolling out of the station as a badass fire truck convoy, I listened to the calls through the walkie about how bad the scene was.

Placing the gloves onto my hands, I glanced to the the three amigos behind me. Capp and Tony looking like they were up to no good, and then Dayton who still held a nervous look. "Be cautious, pay close attention to everything around you. I'm not losing anybody while I'm in charge, am I clear?"

"Loud and Clear Lieutenant". Noticing the severity of the situation by the amount of police cars and other firehouses arriving onto the scene, I tried to shake away my own nerves. "Blake, Firehouse 24 is here".

Groaning silently, I sent Cruz a grateful look. "Lets hope I don't hit him once all of this over. Evert, Cruz your with me. Capp, Tony I want you help out wherever you are needed. Listen in if we call you"

Grabbing our gear as we jumped out of the truck, Squad 3 approached the rest of 51 as we listened to Boden. "Blake I need you to work with the 24th squad.". Biting back my snide remark, I nodded my head, making my way towards them.

As if sensing my tension, Dayton quickly matched her stride with mine. "What's up Blake".

"Don't listen to his misogynistic views. He's not going to be happy that I'm acting lieutenant. No matter what stay close to me and listen to orders given". Glancing at Cruz, he patted my shoulder in understanding.

Meeting up with Lieutenant Grendell, he pursed his lips in annoyance. "firefighter". Rolling my eyes at the man, I crossed my arms.

"We don't have time for this, what is the game plan Grendell"

Sliding the mask onto Our faces, I entered the building with Dayton and Cruz directly behind me, Squad 16 behind us. Splitting away from the other firehouse, I entered the basement with careful steps.