🚒3🚒

Blake

I sat in the car, a sigh looking at the files in my hand. Getting enough courage and into the Severide mentality, I slid out of the car. This was going to be tough. Smiling at the some of the officers I passed, I jogged up the precinct stairs. Stepping through the threshold, I saw a woman, authority radiating off of her.

Squeezing through the crowd, I gave a small smile. The look I received was a glare over the top of her glasses. "Hi, I'm here to see Sergeant Hank Voight. I have some files for him"

Seeing recognition flash I her eyes, she smiled ever so slightly. "Follow me". Listening to the demand, she walked me over to a gated door, watching her place her palm on the scanner. Hearing the buzz, she swung it up, motioning for me to walk through.

Starting up the stairs, I heard the door shut behind me, and no footsteps following me taking a shaky breath, I continued on my way. Making my way up the stairs, no one noticed me at first, until Voight met my eyes. Holding up the files, he walked over to me.

"Intelligence, I want you to meet Blake Severide, Kelly Severide's sister. She has some intel". Giving a small nod, I stepped forward, giving the file to Hank.

"The guy you are looking for is very strategic, clever. He always had fail safes all over the scene just in case something went wrong. The Fire always started with a small bomb, detonated by a burner phone. Once the device exploded, our guy had a trail of gasoline on the floor, leading to where the victims would be hanging from the ceiling. Kelly and I were able to compile a list of suspects, but we could never find enough evidence to link any of them".

Finally taking a deep breath, I saw the terrified looks on their faces. I guess they never realized how violent these people's deaths were. A few questions were asked, some i was able to answer and then some I just wasn't able to give any information. "All I know was that the last case Kelly and I worked on, our guy went dormant for months. All leads we did have went cold."

Seeing Hank giving me a grateful nod, I started to walk down the stairs, until I heard someone call my name. Turning around, I saw the detective with brunette hair and gorgeous blue-green eyes catching up to me. "Do you think it is possible for you to come to the crime scene. Try to see if we are dealing with the same guy or a copy cat."

Thinking about it, I nodded softly. "Yeah. I should have some time after my shift is over".

Before I could turn away he held out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Jay by the way. Didn't think it was truly appropriate to do introductions before talking about that". Chuckling softly, I sent him a nod.

"Understandable. This guy, if it is the same guy, he is dangerous. So I would just be cautious. My brother and I could never figure out a pattern".

Saying our goodbyes, and exchanging numbers to meet at the latest crime scene after my shift, I left the precinct. Once I was in my car, I let out a shaky breath. This case will haunt me.

The second I parked the car, I heard the dispatch. Quickly running onto the apparatus floor, I threw on the gear. Giving Kidd our secret handshake, I hopped into the Squad 3 truck. Hearing Kelly tap the side, Cruz pulled out of the firehouse, sirens blaring,

"What are we looking at Kelly", I called from the back. Considering I wasn't in the building to hear the call out.

"Sounds like a house fire".

Jumping out of the rig, I stared at the house, a bad feeling coming off of it, that not being the fire itself. Giving Kelly a side glance, I could tell he felt the same way. Calling out orders, we started to make our way into the house.

Placing the mask over my face, I tapped my brother's shoulder, only the moment we stepped into the house, I knew instantly why I had a bad feeling. "Kel, we need to get that girl down"

Bolting into the room, ignoring the flames trying to lick at us, we made our way to the girl hanging on the ceiling by her hands. Cutting the rope off her hands, Kelly started to make his way out with her. "Blake, try to find that device, and be careful. I'm not losing you"

Tapping his shoulder, I carefully made my around the room, "Chief, I need a line in here." I called through the walkie. The raging fire making it seemingly impossible to locate the device.

Hearing a slightly popping sound, I dove to the ground, in time for one of the fail safe devices to go off. Covering my head, I ignored the calls through the walkie for the time being.

Slowly getting up, I noticed Hermann and Ritter in the room, knocking down the flames. Carefully making my way outside, I took off my mask. "Chief you need to call in Intelligence."

I watched Ambo 61 drive away with the girl. Hopefully the first survivor of this sicko. Kelly's hand  landed on my shoulder. Tilting my head to look at him he sighed, knowing what this meant. "I will tell Chief we are staying back"

All I could do was nod. One of our worst Arson cases was coming back to light, maybe this time we can actually catch the sadistic bastard.