🚒8🚒

Blake

Time is the worst. The past several days have been slow and unmoving. My date with Jay was today, and this whole week has been dragging on, not going fast enough. I can tell my brother was on edge as well, but for a whole different Reason. That reason starting with Stella and ending with Kidd.

Of course not taking my advice in listening to his own advice, he had been tense about talking to Stella. My big brother was usually the player type, most knew that, but this seems to be different. The connection between the two of them is different than his play things, or women he called "girlfriends".

Leaning on my hand, that was resting on the table, I sighed in annoyance as Sylvie and Stella both looked towards Matt and Kelly like two lost puppies. Rolling my eyes, I lightly slapped my book on the table grasping the two girls attention. "I love both of you dearly, but please stop giving them that look. You look like a stalker"

Immediately changing their sitting position at the truth, they blushed madly. Chuckling softly, I turned towards Emily. "How is your love life? DO i need to get involved?". The dark skinned paramedic shook her head smiling.

"Single life is pretty great". Stella was about to interject, when the alarm went off. Sending Emily a look, she sent me a wink. Talk about saved by the bell.

Practically melting on the turn out gear, I hopped into the truck. As we left the station, following behind Truck 81, I looked towards Cruz "Hey Cruz, this time don't try to run over the curb". Smirking at the boy driving the squad truck, I could tell he wanted to throw up the middle finger at me.

Popping out of the truck, I almost started coughing at the smell, one that is mildly associated with gas. Noticing police cars with their lights on, I followed my brother to where Boden and Casey went to. I almost wanted to smirk when I spotted Intelligence.

Hearing my name, I followed after my brother. "I need you to do a search on the third floor, and you need to be cautious". Giving a reassuring smile, I slid on the mask. Making sure I had the gas meter was connected, I nodded towards Stella. Opening the door, I jogged inside and up the stairs.

Eerily silence was a feeling that was nerve wracking. Opening the third floor door, my gas meter beeped, warning my on the high gas levels on this floor. Stepping through the doorway, I continued to call out to anyone who was stuck.

As I was about to knock on one of the doors, a gun shot rang through it. Quickly ducking, I covered my head, heart pounding erratically against my chest. Voices started to ring through the walkie. "What the hell was that? Is everyone ok"

Softly pressing down on the button, I made it out of dodge. "Chief I got gunshots.". Taking a deep breath, I lifted my hand towards the door knob. "Sir, this is the Chicago Fire Department, put the gun down and come out with your hands up". My response was another gun shot.

Pushing the door open, I saw the guy reloading his gun. Leaping across the room, I tackled him to the floor, keeping my way hand on the barrel. Smacking his hands on the ground, I got him to release the weapon. Only to be slammed into the floor.

Kelly's voice started to bounce down the hall. Catching the guy off guard, I held his hands together, pushing him onto the ground. "Kelly! I need help in here" I yelled through the mask. The gunman tried to shake me off of him, but I continued to apply pressure. "I wouldn't try that. I will knock your ass out"

Seeing my brother quickly at my side, he restrained the shooter. Grabbing the gun off the ground, we made our way outside. Instantly handing the guy and gun over to the officers, I whipped the mask off my face.

Sitting on the steps, I was trying to catch my breath. When the guy slammed me into the ground, it knocked the wind out of me. A hand touched my shoulder causing my head to tilt upwards. A look of concern in Jay's eyes. "I'm ok, the guy just knocked me into the floor really hard"

"Be careful ok". Nodding at him, he jogged back towards Intelligence. A figure stood in front of me, their hand being held out for me to take. Wrapping my hand in Stella's, we made our way towards the truck. Passing by Boden, he sent me a nod.

Climbing into the cab of the truck, I leaned back. Fist bumping Gallo and Ritter as they walked past, I saw my brother lean on the open door. "That asshole didn't hurt you to much did he?". Lightly grinning at his concern, I grabbed my his hand shoulder squeezing it.

"No. I'm all good". Relaxing at the reassurance he shut the door and hopped into the passenger seat. Honking on the horn, we left the scene, passing Intelligence on the way.

--------

I was waiting for my brother by the squad tables, seeing as I no longer have a car, he is my ride. I was in my own world, that I didn't realize he came outside. Flinching slightly in surprise as something was placed in my hand, I snapped my head up to the unrevealed person. Relaxing slightly at the sight of Kelly, I peered down at once was placed in my hand.

Keys. Ones that weren't his or my old ones. A questioning look was on my face, until I saw an huge smile on his face. Eyes widened at the realization. "You got me a car". Tears started to fall down my cheeks at the sweet gesture.

"Technically all of the firehouse and the precinct chipped in, but I chipped the most". Leaping into his arms, I let out teary laughs. Laughs that held a small amount of sobs. My older brother tightened his hold on me, not wanting to let go of this moment.

"I love you so much Kelly, I don't know how I am going to repay you". Setting me down, he wiped the tears that fell down my cheeks. A look of brotherly love in his eyes and features.

"You aren't going to repay me because I am your brother. It is my job to protect you, and make sure you have everything you need. Now get going, you have a date". Grinning madly I placed a kiss on his cheek, before making a dash towards the car.

I almost cried at the sight of the SUV. Unlocking the car, a small piece of paper caught my attention. Gingerly picking it up, intrigued, I smiled a little at the note.

Hope you enjoy the new car, we added some features just in case anything goes wrong.

-Sgt Voight + Intelligence

Sliding into the new SUV, I started the engine, giggling like a little kid on Christmas. Let me tell you, this is probably better than any gift I have gotten, besides becoming Kelly's sister. Driving away from the firehouse, I honked at them as I passed, all waving their hands.

Pictures

Blake's new SUV

Blake's new SUV