Chapter 4 (Edited)

Hey everyone:)

Please just click on the orange button and vote<3

Thank you for supporting me with my story this far. It means the world to me<3

So here is another chapter, Enjoy:)

Jenna's (P.O.V)

As I parked the car in front of the clinic, I walked with as much fast strides as I could manage.

Looking around the clinic with a calm façade, it was easy to spot Dixie with her oversized clothing and large glasses. She looked up from the files that she was examining, and immediately our eyes connected.

She mentioned for me to come closer as I was standing in one position like a stuck statue. Walking in a slow and careful pace, I formed a fake smile upon my face.

It wasn’t proper for the daughter of the greatest Alpha to show fear at all occasions. They had taught me this behavior in a very hard way.

At first I had completely rebelled against the idea, but after hearing a lot of scolding and seeing disappointed faces, I agreed upon it at last.

"Hey Dixie, you called?" I asked cheerfully to best hide the nervousness from my tone. She nodded her head and pointed to one of the rooms.

"Yes I did. Just go and sit in that waiting room and the doctor will see you very soon." As the words left her lips, without a second thought I made my way to the room.

 ***

Waiting for the doctor as a complete wreck was totally unenjoyable. Every minute felt like an hour and every second felt like long dreadful minute. As the door opened, my whole body perked up in alarm.

It was pleasing to see her with a warm smile every time. But right now, my mind and body was too occupied with my feared thoughts that it didn’t even give me a second to return her smile. 

"So doctor, what it say on my reports?" She laughed softly as she saw my sudden impatience.

"Calm down dear." It was really hard to act upon her words when strange questions of the results popped in my mind constantly.

"So I have your reports in my hand and......it’s a bad news sweetie." When she hesitated in between her words, my heart picked up an even faster pace. But when she finished her sentence, by heart felt like it completely dropped down my chest and shattered into thousand pieces.

My hands started sweating and my body trembled with terror.

"What is it?" I managed to ask with a dry mouth. It was really tempting to gulp down my saliva, but because I was feeling so scared of the answer, my whole mouth seemed to be dried of it.

She gave me a look that only explained one thing. It was bad, very bad. But I still sat down with impatient anticipation hoping that it wouldn’t be as bad as I thought it was.

"You have a cancer Jenna." My heart stopped beating in a mini second. All the energy drained from my body, and I felt like I was going to faint in any passing second.

Cancer.....cancer.....cancer. My mind kept on replaying on one word which was out of my thoughts.

I had a cancer and I can't anything to do against it. I couldn’t even have the power to stop it.

"But sweetie the good thing is........." Immediately my full attention snapped towards her as all the questions, fear, and thoughts vanished from my mind.