Chapter 8 (Edited)

Hey Wattpaders<3

Its P.A Day today, so I thought why not upload a chapter:)

So its kinda boring compare to other chapters... I think lol and I hope you enjoy it:)

Jenna's (P.O.V)

It’s been a week since the ceremony night, and it had been the worst week ever for Dixie and I. Father didn't seem to drop the subject of Dixie and I insulting the future beta and the alpha of the pack. Every passing hour, at least one of the pack members came bursting down into our room forcing us to apologize to them.

At first we rebelled completely against the idea, but after getting tired of their demands, we agreed.

It was very difficult for Dixie to swallow her pride and show respect to the people she despised. But her denial didn’t last long as they threatened of kicking her out of the pack.

It terrified me deadly when I noticed she wasn’t budging from her decision at the beginning. But after many arguments and pleadings, she accepted with angry mood and slumped shoulders.

We both at last made our way downstairs were a small group of people were formed around the dinning table.

Josh was sitting on the head chair with celeb on his side. There were many other highly ranked pack members along with them, but their aura didn’t contain much energy and power as it radiated from our mates.

The whole entire time, I tired to keep my head down while Dixie had her stubborn chin up with glaring and accusing eyes towards her mate.

I had to admire her confidence. The way she walked gracefully with no care and confidence directly showed that she was made to be the female Alpha.

Finally after a long dreadful hour, Dixie accepted that she would no longer behave inappropriately and keep her distance from her mate and along with the pack members who weren’t comfortable around her.

Noticing the great advantage of her decision, I decided to the same.

Celeb seemed to have no problem as he instantly nodded his head and waited for his alpha to close the small meeting.

I decided not to take his action dreadfully upon my heart knowing that it was probably the right choice. I had decided long time ago that it was probably best if we both kept our distance and acted as bare acquaintance as we addressed ourselves as, even though it was clearly noticeable how I longed for him and his wolf longing for his mate.

Sometimes it was very entertaining watching him struggle with his wolf from reaching out to his mate.

He though it was merely evidential as he stole glances towards my face every once in a minute. A grin of happiness always appeared on Dixie’s lips when she knew how desperate he was becoming in need of his mate, but yet completely rebelled against the idea.

But that amusement did not last very long each day as my headache heightened.

Every peaceful night, I bolted awake from bed with tremendous pain dancing around my head. Dixie has been very patient with me for the days that she has spent so far.

Every morning was my warning call for running to the bathroom and emptying my stomach. The food that went down my throat always made its way out as the disease from my head infected my organs in the stomach.

No matter how many times I tried to put on a brave face and face the world with cheerful mood, it all came down on me with in the mornings and middle of the peaceful nights.