Chapter 14 The Fight

Pandora's POV

How did we get here? I sat back into the comfort of the conference room chair as the Ash introduced his visitors who came to help.

It felt like just yesterday I was lamenting my forced attendance WU. I was livid at the fact that mother sent me here. I hated her and Athena so much. In my mind they were here to destroy me.

Now, I couldn't imagine my life without Athena in it. To find out my mother was a human, a professor of Greek mythology and my father also a professor of Greek mythology was fae. The woman I grew to up to hate and call mother was actually the one who suffered not me. Losing her mate and almost losing her child to save my life. This woman had spent her life protecting me, Athena spent her life loving me and protecting me. I spent so much of mine hating and resenting them.

I quickly wiped away the single tear that escaped my eye and adjusted my slouched posture in the chair. Cary would have scolded me for my poor posture.

I looked up into her stoic face as I smiled at the thought. She looked..... Powerful. She was always a strong elegant woman who had but one expression for me a frown. Athena however was the only one who could morph that stern frown into a range of emotions. I was jealous of that.

She walked in dressed in a blue blazer with a satin cream coloured shirt beneath that hinted at cleavage. Her modern fit, straight leg black pants cut right above her heels. She could have been a model. She glanced at me as she walked up to kiss and embrace Athena who was next to the Ash.

Athena blushed a little embarrassed by the show of affection, but hugged her mom. One of the students quickly offered her his seat.

I almost didn't notice the two men who had entered with her. They were dressed in khakis and plain white dress shirts and shades. They stood behind her like brick walls and nodded to the Ash and Athena.

"Cary has encountered this evil before as I have. She will work with those taking care of our defense. We need to contain the battle here." The Ash rambled on.

My mind wondered and somehow I was able to see through someone's eyes and hear them.

"They found out your plan to attack the school Sire. They told all the students and are trying to organise an army." The masculine voice said. It sounded familiar yet strange.

The person he spoke to was sitting at a desk in what looked like an empty room. The boy behind the desk chuckled. "My brother was always such an organiser." He continued to laugh.

I recognized his face. I had seen him around campus a few times at the start of the year. He was in my Fae history class. I remembered he was the only moroi in the class which was very unusual as they preferred never to be anywhere alone. He had stopped coming after a month or so. But then again I can't remember the last time I went to a class.

"Let's crash the party a little early. Hades is closing off my connection to Kronus faster than expected and if we can get their precious gift to mankind, she can free Kronus and not even Zeus himself could stop us then. " The evil look on his face sent a chill down my spine. "We attack now, you know what to do." He finished as he stood from his desk.

I gasped loudly as my own consciousness returned. Amelia came rushing into the room followed by Lisa.

"What happened? I couldn't feel you." She asked rushing to my side.

The conference room was now even more silent as they all looked to me. I searched my brain for words but couldn't speak I just struggled to catch my breath.

"Calm down child. Find your center." Cary walked over to me taking my hand as she spoke. "Look at me, focus." I had never heard her voice so tender towards me.