Chapter 7: Is it too weird?

Athena's POV

Lisa and Pandora walked back to our table hand in hand. My wolf whimpered at the sight. I watched helplessly as Pandora snuck away to meet up with Lisa more than an hour ago.

I fought with my wolf not to go after them. Would it be any easier watching them kiss each other? I shook the thought. It wasn't too late I just had to make her admit that she knows I want more than friendship. And get rejected? My wolf was sure that was now a good possibility but was more optimistic than me. When we are alone she stares like she wants us, loves us even.

I sighed and smiled as they sat down. Pandora placed her hand on the back of my chair and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

My senses were attacked by her scent and her mellifluous voice. I started to close my eyes as I took in her scent. Not the time, pay attention she is speaking to us I reminded my wolf. She just wanted to hold our mate. Has wanted to for so long. Now the opportunity was slipping away.

"...will leave in about 10 minutes to not let it look too suspicious." I caught the tail end of her message.

Confused, I saw Lisa slip a note to the twins which she burnt after it was read. They were trying to exclude Jax. She was too busy with Eric to notice the movements. Guess she and Lisa broke up. Wow, this girl is something else.

No one spoke. The elders had visited our table individually introducing themselves and congratulating us. I was getting tired of the fake pride they portrayed. I could smell jealousy on most of them and hatred on others. Even the Ash. He was a mystery, his contempt could have been for the elders or just for me.

I should be the one who was insulted to be compared to him.

Pandora squeezed my biceps and tilted her head towards the exit.

"Good night guys am going to turn in. A, walk me back to the dorms please?" She stood as she spoke. Her voice could make the coldest heart melt I was sure of it. I looked up to catch her eyes tracing my cleavage. She averted her eyes and made a face. Was she staring down my dress? My wolf was elated at the possibility.

We got in the golf carts which were parked at the front of the building. Evita made sure we had transport. Thank God, because walking to and from dorm in these heels was a feat I wasn't about to tackle.

We smiled awkwardly at each other for the 5 minute ride. We slowly made our way to her room. We are going to be alone, this is the time to let her see you as dating material. Turn on the charm. My wolf coached.

I threw myself on her bed. "Talk about a long ass night." Was all that came out with a deep rugged breath.

She laughed as she sat on the desk chair and started to unbuckle her shoes. "My toes feel like they were at war with these shoes."

"Beauty knows no pain." I mocked sitting up.

"That's what men say because they aren't the ones feeling it." She hissed.

I laughed as she furrowed her brow at the statement. I took her freed foot into my hand stretching her leg out. I began rubbing her toes. "That is odd because I have only ever heard women say it." I continued to tease.

She chuckled kicking off the other shoe and leaning back in her chair. "That feels amazing."

I massaged her soft skin and resisted the urge to place soft kisses to each spot my fingers touched. I was so lost in her skin I hadn't noticed when she began watching me.

I smiled a little embarrassed and patted the side of her leg. "Next one."

She shifted her leg. "You looked amazing tonight. I can't recall seeing you in a dress like that since forever."

Fated Love (girlxgirl) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें