Chapter 8 Stranger Things Will Happen

Pandora's POV

It was like staring into a mirror. Staring back however, was a more confident and devious looking me.

How did she get so close with out anyone seeing or hearing her?

She looked at us as if she had accomplished something. Athena growled at her as both Max and Mara tried to force her to kneel.

Nothing happened.

We looked at each other dumb founded.

"Ladies please, I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to help." She informed us.

Her confident smile was unsettling.

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" I asked stepping closer to her.

"I'm you, only better." She laughed sarcastically as she winked at Lisa. "We need to leave." Her voice got drastically serious as if someone flipped a switch.

Before anyone could protest she disappeared. We all looked on in astonishment as Jax walked in.

"Hey guys, the Ash is sending us out again he got wind of a possible attack on the elder Marcellus. We leave at night fall." She walked up to us.

"No weapons?" Logan asked dryly.

"We are supposed to just back up his team or something we will know more when we get to his mansion in Crystal Peak."

Her overly cheerful voice had some how mellowed. Her aura had also changed. She was hiding something. Still.

"We will be ready. Are we taking the helicopter again?" Lisa asked not phased by the fact that we either all hallucinated or we have a creature that's a shape shifter in our midst.

Jax nodded and gave all of us a once over before walking up to Lisa. "We need to talk." The two shared a gaze before walking to the door.

We looked around at Logan.

"What? We all saw that right? I don't need to point it out." Logan folded her arms.

The twins sighed and went to their computers.

"So that's it? This is such bovine fecal matter. Am I the only one curious about the wonder twin?" Athena asked shocked at the dismissive behavior.

"What would you have us do?" Max asked looking ticked off.

"Let's start by getting away from here. You have way more enemies around you than friends." Amelia commented as she came back into view.

"How tha hell? " I jumped holding my chest as she was standing next to me.

"We control light honey. We can kinda make things disappear by manipulating the light around them." She shook her head as if she couldn't believe I didn't know this basic thing.

"How do we know you aren't the enemy?" Lisa asked as she reentered the room.

Amelia gave her a flirtatious smile and licked her lips before she spoke. "Do you feel like I am an enemy?"

Lisa held the gaze of the other me for a few moments silently. They seemed to be talking to each other.

"Let the rest of us in on this mystery." Athena growled impatiently.

"She is not a threat." Lisa announced. "We should leave her with Pandora and meet at the helipad at sun down."

"You must be out of your damn mind." Athena stepped closer to us pulling me over to her. Her glare was territorial.