Chapter 2: The Aizstavis

Spent from the revelation of my true identity, Evita allowed me to go back to my room. I'd see the Ash tomorrow. Athena sat across from my bed, eyes focused on me. I smiled knowing I was safe under her watchful eyes.

"Do you really remember everything? " she asked softly. The care in her voice was suddenly intoxicating.

"Not everything but most" I replied encouragingly. The concern on her face caused me to elaborate. "I know the last 10 years wasn't really real. I remember my mother's sorcerer casting a spell that should make me think that I was younger than I was and blocking my memories. I know your not my sister and that I'm actually 21." I noticed her features changed to a more cheerful expression. "Who are you, exactly?" I tilted my head giving her a quizzical look which caused her to fall back to her previously sad and worried expression.

"I'm Athena, we have been together since the death of your parents. I am also 21."

"Your pack were the protectors of my family. Your father, Alpha.." I stood pacing the room as if it would bring my memories faster. "Alpha Mark of the Mingan Pack." I smiled as I recalled the details of my early life. 

Our house in the Arapho forest near Bald Mountain. My joy died as quickly as it came. The memory of the death of my family, the distruction of my home. The pain hit me like it just happened. Everyone who wasn't able to scatter fast enough died. Those who stayed to fight had no chance. The invaders wiped them out with little resistance. I felt the same horror that took over when the tall shadow beheaded my father as he tried to protect us. It bought my mother enough time to reach the sorceror. Cary guarded us as mother ran back to help the others. No wonder I didn't have any real memories of my father, well Athena's father, I never really knew him. 

"Pandora..... Pandora" Athena called to me as she stood shaking me. "Are you ok?" Her voice so full of concern. I felt guilt replace my sadness. It was my fault they found us. My fault she lost her father. How could she care for me? Her mother surely blamed me for the death of her mate. Why didn't she hate me too?

As if hearing my thoughts she pulled me close to her body. I felt safe in her strong hold. I felt loved and wanted. As I allowed her warmth to envolpe me, I noticed how perfectly our bodies fit together, my body tensed as I felt her kiss my forehead. The softness of her lips against my skin sent a jolt down my spine. I slowly lifted my head to look into her eyes. Her eyes were enchanting. The tenderness in her gaze held me. I felt like she could see into my soul.

Instinctively I tilted my head as she leaned forward. I looked at her plump lips. My mind wiped blank as desire took over.

"Hey, you guys are missing the run." Jax busted in. "Oh" She turned her back to us immediately as we jumped apart.

"We were, we were j-j-just.." I babbled as we further detached ourselves. Looking at the annoyed expression Athena had and Jax's silly grin as she faced us again. "We are behind you." I finally got out.

Jax giggled and walked off as I pulled Athena with a slight smiled.

At the forest's edge which bordered the campus, 12 shirtless muscular guys stood in a running stance. They geered each other as the rest of the students watched and cheered. They were soon joined by 8 fit girls adorned in sports bras and shorts. A tall blonde guy stepped upon the bronze statue of a wolf.

"Welcome back to another year freaks of nature." He shouted. His long hair blew in the wind. He was shirtless and his wash board abs just glistened in the sun. His biceps rippled as he pumped his fists in the air. His face was beautiful to say the least, his gray eyes had a menacing charm. Jax screamed as she held on to my arm. I heard a growl errupt from Athena as she glared at Jax who was too fixated on the shirtless blonde to notice.