Chapter 5: Ready or not

Athena's POV

I adjusted the covers on Pandora. Her expression was so peaceful as she slept. I had placed her in her bed after she passed out in Lisa's arms.

I could feel Lisa's eyes on me. Why was she able to penetrate the force field and not me? I guess she trusts her more, loves her more. I sighed at the realization.

"That's not the reason." She answered as if she heard my thoughts.

"Am I that obvious?" I moved a few stray strands of hair out of Pandora's face.

"A blind man could see that you are in love with her. She is either blind to your feelings or choosing not to acknowledge them." She laughed. I narrowed my eyes at her before looking back at the sleeping beauty.

Pandora was never going to see me as her lover. The sooner I accept it, the better for both of us. I just wanted her to be happy even if it wasn't with me.

Sensing my turmoil she continued to speak but in a more serious tone. "Her light magnifies my abilities. That's why I could enter the field and wasn't blinded by the light." She stared at me.

There was something in her stare, not her usual disdain but compassion for my sadness. Maybe even remnants of the lustful look she gave me last night as Pandora and I danced. It left as quickly as it came.

We were interrupted by Pandora's shifting behind me. She sat up wiping her eyes. Looking around she asked,

"What happened last night?"

I followed her gaze. The room was a mess. It looked like a hurricane pass through it.

Pandora looked a little dazed.

Lisa rushed to her side. "How are you feeling?" The care in her gentle touch threw me.

"Do you really not remember anything?" I asked shifting on the foot of her bed to face her.

She looked at me and smiled. I relaxed into her out stretched hand cupping my cheek. "I'm ok don't worry." She pulled her legs from under the covers hanging them over the side of the bed.

Her lips parted to speak but we were startled by the sound of crushing glass.

The Ash and his secretary Evita were at the door with Jax behind them.

"May I come in?" He asked.

We rushed to our feet. His wolf was powerful; I could feel the dominance without him trying. I bowed my head not able to look in his eyes. Why didn't I smell his approach?

He was dressed in a black tailored suit. Not a strand of hair out of place. His clothes hinted at a fit body beneath it. My wolf snarled, I tried hard not to let the sound escape. She didn't want him close to our mate. There was something wrong about him.

Pandora signal for him to enter. "Good morning Ash. Sorry about the mess. I will repair the damage."

He stepped into the room looking around at the damage. "These things happen." He remarked nonchalantly. "I will have it taken care of today." His smooth response was even more unsettling.

With the wave of his hand he cut her off before she could reject his offer. "It's no trouble. Evita, have everything replaced."

Evita nodded as she pulled out a cell phone and retreated further into the hallway.

"So it's true, all of your abilities have been awakened." Pandora smiled shyly as Lisa came closer to her. I quieted my wolf. She could feel that the Ash was up to something. We weren't sure yet if it was good or bad. Best not to challenge him. I tried to convince her.