Chapter 9. Not an Average Bus Stop

"Okay, next word... incongruous."

My boyfriend's voice was currently the only thing that my ears wanted to listen to at the moment. Being on this blasted bus is killing me, and it's really making me question my decision to join the cross country team. Stiles and Scott were sitting in the seat behind me, and they were studying vocab for the PSAT's. I was trying to sleep, but it wasn't really working. I feel like absolute crap. My head hurts. My side hurts. Pretty much everything hurts.

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asked, sounding a bit out of it.

Stiles nodded, "Absolutely, it's completely incongruous that we are sitting on a bus right now going to a stupid cross country meet after what just happened. In congruous."

"Out of place. Ridiculous. Absurd." Scott answered as he remembered the meaning of the word easily.

"Absolutely. Okay next word, Darach... Darach, it's a noun-- we have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck on this thing for five hours, so why not?" Stiles asked as he sighed in annoyance.

Scott rolled his eyes and rested his head against the window, letting out an exhausted sigh. I rubbed at my eyes as I tried my best to ignore what our life has become once again. Stiles popped his head around the seat so he could see me better, "How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

I nodded, "I'm fine."

The bus then decided to go over a large pothole at that exact moment, and as our bodies were thrown at an unnatural angle, both Scott and I harmonized in unison with our winces and groans. My boyfriend let out a breath as he ran his hand through his hair anxiously, "We shouldn't have come, I knew it. We shouldn't have come." He rambled.

"We had to come, there's safety in numbers." Scott retorted as he swallowed dryly.

Stiles snorted, "Yeah? Well there's also death in numbers, it's called a massacre. Bloodbath. Carnage. Butchery... wow, that's--" he stopped reading words off of the screen of his iPad as I winced again, this was starting to become an issue.

"Yeah that's it, I'm telling Coach to pull over--" Stiles started as he stood up, I quickly grabbed his arm and tugged him into my seat, not allowing him to go any further.

I shook my head from side to side quickly, "No, we're fine."

"You're not fine!" He hissed as his eyes fell to my right side, where the wound was. Technically, the wound wasn't mine. It was Scott's. I'm not quite sure what happened, it just kind of appeared there the second that it was inflicted upon my brother. I guess I had connected myself to him again, but I don't recall even trying to. The point is, we're both sporting an identical wound that is really painful.

"It's just because it's from an alpha, it's going to take longer to heal." Scott stated from the seat behind us, slowly moving his body so he was in a more comfortable seating position.

Stiles' eyes met mine, "Let me see it."

"I don't think..."

"Kasey, let me see it."

I sighed as I reluctantly lifted up the hem of my shirt, revealing the three slash marks that were residing on my pale skin. They looked disgusting, and hadn't changed in appearance all that much since I got them. They still hurt like a bitch, and for some reason Scott and I both aren't healing as fast as we should be-- regardless of it being an alpha wound or not.

"Oh babe..."

"It's fine. I'm okay, really. Like Scott said, it's only taking this long because it's from an alpha." I lied as I hastily tugged the shirt back down, maybe if he can't see it then it will help him realize that he doesn't need to stress about me.