Parents session

The butler led them them to the dining room where his parents had been waiting for their arrival.

"Mr & Mdm Jung. Your son and his girlfriend, Miss Heo Young Ji have arrived," The butler informed them.

His parents saw them from their seats and slowly got up from their seats. Leo politely greeted them and introduced YoungJi to his parents. YoungJi bowed to them with respect and they followed suit.

"Have a seat," Mdm Jung showed them to the vacant seats across her. Leo and YoungJi walked over and sat down. YoungJi felt the intense stares from his parents and felt slightly nervous about this situation. Leo noticed how his parents looked at her and tried to open a topic.

"Emmoni, how's your club going?" Leo asked.

"Everything's good. We will have a charity work this weekend," His mother elegantly answered.

"So. Miss Heo Young Ji..?" His father clarified on her name.

"You can call me Youngji," She corrected him with a smile.

"Youngji..how did you meet him?" His father asked about Leo.

"We..met in a business party through social connections," YoungJi remembered the script written by Leo.

"From there, you and my son began to start dating?" His mother now questioned.

YoungJi just gave a slight nod with a small smile. Leo noticed how nervous she looked and he held her hand under the table. YoungJi felt his warmth and both of them looked at each other with an encouraging smile.

Just then, their food were being served. They started to eat their food without talking which actually made the whole dinner awkward. After that, they were being led to the living room to get more about YoungJi.

"Leo ah..! When can we go..?" YoungJi whispered to one of his ears while walking behind his parents.

"Soon after this," Leo whispered back.

"But I feel suffocated!!!" YoungJi hissed while tugging his sleeve.

"Hold on for maybe an hour?" Leo pleaded.

YoungJi gave a deep sigh and went alert as soon as they reached the living room. All of them sat down on the big sofa and began to ask about YoungJi with all sorts of questions.

======

After 2 hours of "interrogating", YoungJi felt that it was time to go but they did not seem to end the conversation. She looked at the clock on the wall and tried to think of something to leave the place. Still feeling uncomfortable, YoungJi stood up which surprised his parents especially Leo.

"Is anything the matter, YoungJi shii?" His mother asked.

YoungJi swallowed hard and said,"It's getting late. I need to go home now. I have meeting at my work the next morning."

"Oh..then. I'm sorry to hold you up. You should tell us sooner that you have to go off early," His father said.

"Maybe she just wants to leave this place fast," His mother sarcastically said while rolling her eyes.

YoungJi noticed his mother did not seem to like her so much ever since she came into the house. What she says was true but she did not have to say that straight to her face. Leo, on the other hand, couldn't believe what he just heard.

Leo stood up and glared at his mother.

"Emmoni, what do you mean by that?" Leo wanted clarification.

"By her attitude, I know she's not willing to see us," His mother glanced at YoungJi with a scoff.

As soon as she heard that, she flustered and swallowed hard. She did not know what to say but Leo helped her to cover it up,"She's just tired. And although she's tired, she still finds time to see both of you."

"Are you sure?" His mother scoffed again while folding her arms across and glared at her.

"Emmoni..!" He raised his tone for tge very first time which shocked both his parents.

His father then stood up and scolded him,"Watch your tone, Taek Woon!"

YoungJi saw the intense arguments between them and wanted to stop Leo but Leo continued with anger,"Do you know the effort she puts in just to impress both of you? A friend who is willing to help!"

"...Friend?" His mother questioned him as soon as she heard that.

"What do you mean by that, Taek Woon ah?" His father asked him.

Both YoungJi and Leo started to panic when Leo accidentally blurted out their situation.

"Taek Woon, what's going on? Isn't she your girlfriend?" His mother asked him.

Both YoungJi and Leo turned to look at each other. They seemed to lost for words and did not know how to say to them. Leo then saw the look of his parents' face and started to stutter to answer to their questions but tried to convince them.