A Step Slower

They stood in front of each other for a very long time without saying anything. YoungJi looked at her watch and asked,"What did you want to say to me? My lunch period will be soon over."

"Break up with Leo oppa now," Soyu ordered.

YoungJi looked at her with one raised eyebrow and asked in disbelief,"Mwoh?"

"Are you deaf? I want YOU to break up with Leo oppa," Soyu demanded.

YoungJi scoffed and rolled her eyes and said,"What right do you have to ask me to do that?"

"I'm going to be his fianceè soon. So you better be out from oppa's life," Soyu rolled her eyes and hissed.

*Mwoh? Fianceè? Leo didn't say anything about you being his fianceè. Do you think I'm going to "break up" with him with just that..?* YoungJi folded her arms across her chest and eyed her without saying anything to her.

"So are you going to break up with him or what?" Soyu impatiently asked.

"No," YoungJi firmly answered.

Upon hearing that, she frowned and said,"What did you just say?!"

"Are you deaf? I said no," YoungJi got back at her and scoffed again.

*Why...This b*****!!!* Soyu clenched her fist and was about to get angry with her when she heard her name being called.

"Soyu ah!" Hongbin called her name from the entrance of the company building.

Both of them looked to where Hongbin was. Hongbin stood beside YoungJi and asked Soyu,"What are you doing here?"

"...Just..wanted to see her..," Soyu said while glancing towards YoungJi.

"I think you need to go because our lunch time is almost over," Hongbin told her and pointed to the time.

"..Fine..," Soyu gave a short sigh and was about to walk off when she stopped and turned to YoungJi and said softly,"Remember what I say..Break up with Leo oppa."

After sending a message to her, she strutted off and YoungJi sighed. She then walked to the elevator, followed by Hongbin. Hongbin wanted to ask what she and Soyu were talking about earlier on but did not have the courage to. All the way in the elevator, they did not say anything. When she reached her floor, she said briefly with a slight bow,"Thank you for helping me a while ago, Mr Hongbin shii."

He was caught off guard by her thanks but managed to bow back. She walked out of the elevator and the elevator closed after she stepped out.

========

A few hours ticked by and soon it was time to clock out. YoungJi packed her things, to get ready to go home. Her colleagues waited for the elevator with her and asked if she was free for get together dinner.

"Uh..sure. But where are we having the dinner?" YoungJi asked.

"There's a new restaurant which was just opened recently. Wanna go there?" One of the colleagues asked.

"Sounds great. Let's go," Another colleague happily answered.

Just then, Hakyeon saw them at the elevator lobby and asked,"What's the commotion about?"

"Mr Hakyeon Manager nim! We're going to the new restaurant which was opened recently nearby for dinner. Wanna join with us?" A male colleague asked.

"Dinner? Ah..I can't make it. Maybe another time? I've got some stuff to do," Hakyeon told them.

"Awww...okay. Join us next time," The colleagues looked bummed.

When the elevator reached their floor, it opened and Hongbin was inside. YoungJi noticed him inside but kept a pokerface. They went inside cheerfully while Hakyeon slung his arm on Hongbin's shoulders amicably.

"Bin ah, want to go home together?" Hakyeon asked.

"Sure," Hongbin gave a quick answer while listening to YoungJi's colleagues conversations.

"Aigoo, YoungJi shii~I always saw you with that guy! Is he your boyfriend now?" The female colleagues giggled.

"What do you mean 'now'? Do you ladies mean that she just broke up with a boyfriend before?" One of the male colleagues pretended to gasp.

Then one of the female colleagues put her finger on her lips and shushed. She then hinted towards Hongbin with her eyes. They got what she meant and immediately kept quiet. YoungJi noticed they were on guard and said,"I don't have anyone before that. He's the first "boyfriend" that I have."

"Jeongmal?" They looked bewildered and gasped.

"Wah...Your boyfriend must be happy that he's the first," One of the male colleagues gave thumbs up.

Then the door of the elevator opened and they stepped out. YoungJi and her colleagues walked in front of Hongbin and Hakyeon while laughing and talking. Hakyeon had been noticing Hongbin's facial expression.

"Hey chill man~Maybe she's not the one for you," Hakyeon tried to cheer him up.

"Easy for you to say..," Hongbin sighed while watching her.

Hakyeon then put his hand down and faced him while saying with a sigh,"Look. Just because she looks like your late girlfriend,Nara, doesn't mean she could be easily be your girlfriend now."

"Whatever the case..I want her to be my girlfriend. It's the only-," Hongbin sounded resolute but Hakyeon cut his sentence of and said while referring to Nara,"It's the only way for you to make it up to her, an I right?"

Hongbin kept quiet and Hakyeon seemed frustrated by his attitude.

"Yah. What's done can't be undone anymore. You just have to let it go," Hakyeon said to him.

Hongbin listened to what Hakyeon tried to relay.