Never Ever

Back in his office, Hongbin kept thinking of Youngji, He had the habit of biting his pen when he was deep in thought. Just then, somthing interrupted his thoughts. His phone vibrated and he received a text message. He opnened it and rolled his eyes as soon as he saw the content of the message.

"Why can't they just stop messaging me about the dinner for tonight? They know that I won't go to that dumb dinner," Hongbin felt frustrated and loosen his tie.

After a while thinking about YoungJi, he went back to his work so that at least he had done something today. When it was almost time to clock off, he kept his things and got ready to go home. As he was droving from the carpark, he saw a familiar face from his rear mirror. He reversed his car and scrolled down his car's window.

"YoungJi shii?" Hongbin called out her name.

YoungJi looked down and was surprised to see Hongbin but greeted him politely.

"Are you going home now..?" Hongbin asked.

"Umm..yeah," She answered.

"Let me take you home since I'm going home too," Hongbin offered and opened the door for her.

"Umm, it's okay, Mr...,"Youngji stopped when she did not know what to cal him.

"Hongbin. Don't need to be formal," Hongbin pulled out his hand for a handshake.

"Mr..I mean Hongbin shii. Thank you for the offer but I can take the bus. It's just a few stops," YoungJi told him.

But Hongbin just waited for her to go in. The passer bys who were walking past kept looking at them which made Youngji felt awkward. She unwillingly sat inside the car and did her seatbelt. Hongbin was smiling ear to ear and quickly sat on the driver's seat.

While driving, Hongbin tried to start a conversation to avoid any awkwardness.

"So how long have you been working there?" Hongbin asked.

"Just 2 days ago," She briefly answered.

"Which department?" Hongbin asked again.

"Marketing. What about you?" Youngji asked him.

"Oh..umm..I've been working there for 3 years under finance," Hongbin did not tell her his upper position.

YoungJi nodded and slowly asked him to stop after passing the busstop. He put the car in parking mode and followed her getting out of the car. He seemed surprised by the neighbourhood area. YoungJi turned to Hongbin and bowed before walking towards her doorstep,"Thank you for sending me home."

"Ah, no problem. I'll see you tomorrow at work," Hongbin smiled to her.

She just gave a kind smile and walked to her apartment. After she went off, Hongbin just chuckled to himself but was interrupted by a phone call.

"Ye,umma..?" Hongbin's voice changed.

"Where are you? Your appa keep calling me to ask for your whereabouts. It's almost dinner time," His mum asked over the phone.

"Umma, Didn't I tell you many times that I didn't want to have dinner with appa and that woman," Hongbin emphasised and was about to hang up when he heard her cough.

"Umma, are you okay?" Hongbin asked worriedly.

"Ouh..I'm okay..Just a slight cough. Bin ah, just do me this favor for me. Have dinner with them. It's really important for your appa. Pls Bin ah," His mum pleaded with a little cough.

"Just this once. After this no more forcing me to have dinner with them okay?" Hongbin reilliterate.

"Yes, son," His mum sounded reassured but she made him worried somehow.

"Umma, are you really okay? And is the air quality you are living in good?" Hongbin asked with concern.

"Bin ah, everything's fine. Don't you worry about me. The air is good, the neighbours are friendly. I love it here," His mum tried to assure her son.

"If there is a problem, don't hesitate to call me 'kay?" Hongbin asked.

"Yes, son. Now hurry along. Go for your dinner," She said.

Hongbin hung up and sighed. While driving the car, he kept thinking of his mum. Ever since his parents divorced, his mum decided to isolate herself from the family. At first, she wanted to bring her son with her to the countryside but his dad not letting her and won the child custody. Everyday, Hongbin would think of his mum and wanted to track her but his moves were being tightened by his dad untill he worked for his dad's company.

*I hope umma's fine..* Hongbin thought with worry.

Meanwhile at the countryside, Hongbin's mum kept coughing and coughing until she discovered stain of blood at her hand which she covered her mouth. She went into the bathroom and washed her hands as well as gurgle her mouth.

==========

At the mansion, Hongbin was greeted by the butler. The butler opened the door for him and he walked inside reluctantly. As he walked in, he walked around the house. *Nothing have changed since I've moved..Still as empty as last time..What's the point of having a big mansion...* He thought.

He then walked into the dining area and saw the maids busily preparing the dinner. Just then he heard his name being called,"Hongbin ah, you're here early."

As soon as he heard that voice, he rolled his eyes and don't even want to turn around to look at her face. He heard her footsteps behind him and he quickly warned sternly,"Don't ever think you can stand closer to me."

The woman behind him appeared to be taken aback but eventually, scoffed,"Still defensive huh..Well..that makes you even look manlier.."

She said in seductive voice while touching his shoulders. Before he could respond, both of them saw his dad just a few steps away from them, asking,"Seemed that your mum passed the message well."

Hongbin quickly brushed off her hands away from his shoulders while the woman quickly to dust off her dress and welcome Hongbin's dad by walking towards him and linked arms,"Chagiya~you're home."

Hongbin rolled his eyes again.